Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry feeds are down for maintenance, try again later.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts

Sorry feeds are down for maintenance, try again later.

I'm sure that a few days ago when I went to Menu -> Plugins -> Download Plugins I was presented with a (hierarchical) list of available plugins to install.

If I do this now the list is empty.

Also, if I try Main menu -> Setup -> Software update I get:

Sorry feeds are down for maintenance, try again later.
    I get the same message for things like Main menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> MiniDLNA setup (and others on that list).

My network is working fine (e.g. imdb queries work OK).

So have the feeds really been down for maintenance for the last few days?
    If not, any idea what the problem might be?

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem too this feeds are down for maintenance is strat to take a pissed why is only Apollo that get all this software updat all the time

Title
    Thanks

Angry Picture in picture on Vu+dou2 is not working

Hello I have a vu+dou2 the software on it is Apollo 24 for those who don't know what is picture in picture is you are watching a channel like sky1 but at the same time you can watching bbc news on the top of the TV here is my problem sens I update Apollo 29. 30 . 32. 33. Picture in picture is not working any more . Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong !

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm sure that a few days ago when I went to Menu -> Plugins -> Download Plugins I was presented with a (hierarchical) list of available plugins to install.

If I do this now the list is empty.

Also, if I try Main menu -> Setup -> Software update I get:

I get the same message for things like Main menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> MiniDLNA setup (and others on that list).

My network is working fine (e.g. imdb queries work OK).

So have the feeds really been down for maintenance for the last few days?
    If not, any idea what the problem might be?
    Which exact image build are you using ?, because due to changes to the way the feeds work they are now only available for the Apollo image build 032 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jok View Post
    I have the same problem too this feeds are down for maintenance is strat to take a pissed why is only Apollo that get all this software updat all the time
    Every ViX image since day one has undergone constant development, the 808 part in ViX 3.0.808 was not there for show, it was there to denote that it was the 808th build of that image series. If you dont like the ViX image try another and see if that works better to your needs.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Are the feeds actually down at the moment because I'm on 032 and still can't access them?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, they do seem to be down at the moment. I'm sure they will be up again before long.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There set as updating rite now while the next build is being built / uploaded. (build 035 or 036)
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

sataday (15-09-14),ste141 (15-09-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Feeds are up: build 35 is online.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (15-09-14),sataday (15-09-14)

heyho
    When you released 032 you said it needed a full reflash via USB. Are subsequent builds i.e. 035 now ok to upgrade through the normal route i.e. Openvix menu?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Which exact image build are you using ?, because due to changes to the way the feeds work they are now only available for the Apollo image build 032 onwards.
    I'm using 030, which was what the box was delivered with, new, a week ago.
    Are you saying that I now need to flash an update to make things work again?
    If so
    • will a backup/restore of the config around the flash keep my current settings?
    • how is anyone supposed to know that their 3-day old box is alreayd out of date?

And the thread on OpenVIX releases still has 030 as the latest entry (although I can see that 032 is available at the download site).
    Last edited by birdman; 15-09-14 at 12:50.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
    When you released 032 you said it needed a full reflash via USB. Are subsequent builds i.e. 035 now ok to upgrade through the normal route i.e. Openvix menu?
    yes build 032 required a USB or "couch" reflash, but we did allow for the use of settings backups from any image after build 025. and yes you can perform a online update from any build after 032 until we advise otherwise.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm using 030, which was what the box was delivered with, new, a week ago.
    Are you saying that I now need to flash an update to make things work again?
    If so
    • will a backup/restore of the config around the flash keep my current settings?
    • how is anyone supposed to know that their 3-day old box is alreayd out of date?

And the thread on OpenVIX releases still has 030 as the latest entry (although I can see that 032 is available at the download site).
    yes if you are using build 030 you will have to reflash if you want to use the plugin feeds as that build no longer has access.

yes a settings backup from build 030 will work on 032 onwards.

your receiver is not out of date, we simply updated the image, which we do very frequently and always have, plus there are multiple notices on this forum and our social media feeds advising users when important changes take place for our image.

SIMPLES.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    OK. I've flashed to 032 (which asked me about restoring backups - and I'd just taken one) and then updated to 035 (which took and restored its own backup).
    The list of plugins (etc.) is now working again.

It would be nice if the box could display a message saying that a reflash was needed, rather than just saying the feeds are down·

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It would be nice if the box could display a message saying that a reflash was needed, rather than just saying the feeds are down·

Thats what the forum is for.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    your receiver is not out of date, we simply updated the image, which we do very frequently and always have, plus there are multiple notices on this forum and our social media feeds advising users when important changes take place for our image.
    But, as I noted, the the thread on OpenVIX releases still has 030 as the latest entry - or it did until 2 days ago, at which point it announced 035. So that thread didn't announce 032 (which is the one requiring a re-flash) at all.

If re-flash releases are not reported by the box itslelf, and the "OpenViX image updates and changelogs" thread doesn't mention them, which thread should I subscribe to so that I may find out about required re-flashes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast