Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New User - Low Priority - HD folder structure puzzle

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Problem with terrestrial is you have to be in that location to test properly. I tested here and was OK.

I would appreciate it if you could change your tuner config to United Kingdom and perform the manual scan. If you feel adventurous, you can remove all existing settings by the following command in telnet. Obviously back up first.

Code:
    init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && init 3

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

I can do a settings backup and factory reset if you want, I know nothing of telnet. Would that be OK for the test?

Title
    Thanks
    A manual scan with clear settings should do. Much appreciated.

For another occasion. Should you be interested, (you will need to at some stage or other).
    For Telnet I use a program called Putty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

What should I do to get 'clear settings' if not to factory settings?

Title
    Thanks
    Menu > Setup > Service Seraching > Manual Scan

Scroll down and toggle right/left to alter options.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Ah that. That I do know about. Sorry, I thought you were talking about ALL user settings. OK, I will report back as soon as this recording is finished.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leshay For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-09-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Well, problems did arise. After doing the scan as you said, when finished and back to live TV, I was getting a cycle of good normal picture/sound for about 30 seconds or so up to a couple of minutes, followed by a black screen with only "EC/PVR" in top left corner - this for about 20 or 30 seconds or so and then back to live TV - continuously, with only the time spans varying.

I then performed an Autoscan as that was what I did first time around, but unfortunately, that too displayed the same cycle of blank/live TV. I am about to revert to the original Terrestrial.xml

In fact, as I was typing this, it is in black screen mode with no response from the remote at all - now for about 10 minutes - I will need to do a switch off I think.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    It was worse than I thought, am now in the process of re-flashing.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear. Thanks for testing/contributing.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    No problem, it is good practice for me - one way to learn a new box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leshay View Post
    Hi

Well, problems did arise. After doing the scan as you said, when finished and back to live TV, I was getting a cycle of good normal picture/sound for about 30 seconds or so up to a couple of minutes, followed by a black screen with only "EC/PVR" in top left corner - this for about 20 or 30 seconds or so and then back to live TV - continuously, with only the time spans varying.

I then performed an Autoscan as that was what I did first time around, but unfortunately, that too displayed the same cycle of blank/live TV. I am about to revert to the original Terrestrial.xml

In fact, as I was typing this, it is in black screen mode with no response from the remote at all - now for about 10 minutes - I will need to do a switch off I think.
    Highly unlikely any xml file would cause those issues.
    Something else wrong, but a new flash should fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Yes, I was surprised. I did exactly the same procedure as I had done with the earlier version. I just renamed the existing terrestrial.xml, copied over the new one, and restarted.

Title
    Thanks
    What are you trasnferring with? I use Filezilla with Notepad++ (not windows notepad) as the default editor.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    What are you trasnferring with? I use Filezilla with Notepad++ (not windows notepad) as the default editor.
    I have Samba activated on the box and transfer the file via that. I didn't open the file at all (I did with the other version just to see what you had added - not that I understood it though)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    The issue here, I think, is that @leshay is picking up one or more weaker transmitters resulting in marginal reception of some multiplexes which causes the picture to come and go on the TV. You need to establish exactly which UHF channels (frequencies) are appropriate for his exact location and scan only those. As I understand it, if a weaker multiplex is scanned first, then the lamedb is populated with the SIDs, PIDs etc for that group of TV stations. If a higher strength multiplex carrying the same TV channels is later scanned then I don't think they are populated in lamedb because the SIDs, PIDs etc are the same. I have that issue when I scan the Irish DVB-T channels. I pick up the weaker stations first and the stronger ones won't populate. I have to use the specific UHF channels for my area repeater in order to set up terrestrial reception properly. It doesn't matter whether you are doing an E2 scan (using the built-in xml) or ABM - you must specify the exact set of transmitter channels/frequencies which beam into your location. Anything else is going to result in less than optimal signal quality with consequent impact on the stability of the picture on your TV. Can't really do any detailed lookups as I am on holidays and using crappy wifi.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast