Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue Quad Plus Subtitles

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue Quad Plus Subtitles

Hi folks

I finally got my first linux box yesterday and have managed to get it set up..However I am one issue. Im running vix image and on some channels, the subtitles are being shown and I cant seem to turn them off.. Most channels dont show them,its just the UK ones like BBC1 and 2 HD, Channel 4 hd, E4,4seven and a few others.. it seems to be aimed at channels which are freeview..

Cant understand why and ive been playing with the settings all day to no avail... any help or advice appreciated..

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go to Menu->Setup->System->Audio Language Selection and set the subtitle language to None!
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply mate!! i had actually sorted it shortly after I posted lol... I tried your suggestion also,but they still showed up on the uk based channels for some reason.. As always it was a easy solution which makes you feel rather silly ha... any channel which they showed up on which was a select few, I just had to press the opt button on the remote followed by the ok button and then they disappeared ..

Title
    Thanks
    I have opposite problem. On my GigaBlue HD I have tried to set up subtitles but unsuccessfully. They are several options to choose from...any clues?

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to hijack this but can someone confirm that the box does indeed play subtitles on recorded programs?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItFellOnDeafEars View Post
    Sorry to hijack this but can someone confirm that the box does indeed play subtitles on recorded programs?
    The way Enigma works is by simply recording every thing in the transport stream, this includes all language files and any other data such as subtitles etc.

The best thing I can suggest is to FTP one of the recordings from your receiver (.TS file) to your PC, then in something like VLC media player see if you can toggle subtitles on/off this way you know for certain if they are recorded or not. If they are then the issue lies with Enigma if not then there is little to nothing that can be done about it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

ItFellOnDeafEars (16-10-15),lupogiallo (18-11-15)