Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HELP - setting up/fixing a Vu+ Solo box

Title
    Thanks

HELP - setting up/fixing a Vu+ Solo box

Hi guys, forgive me if I am in the wrong section here I am completely new to this.

I have been given a Vu+ Solo box from my dad which was set up on an old version of Vix, however none of the Sky Channels would load. As advised on Tech Kings I have tried to flash the Vu+ Solo with the latest Apollo 30 flash. However once the flash stage has been complete I am receiving nothing but a blank screen on my TV.

I did upload a bootlader I am not sure if it was the latest one though VuPlus here is the one I used http://vuplus.com/downloadSoftwareUp...dx=5&pagenum=1. I sent it to my usb in vuplus/solo folder. Plugged it in turned on box waited for the green light to flash. I assume that this is the bootloader done.

The next stage I deleted the CFE file from my USB I have download the latest image Apollo 30 from this website and saved these files to the USB: image version, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.jffs2 and splash_cfe_auto.bin. Again I plug in the USB to the box power it back up and watch the box lights change from orange to red and eventually I get a green blinking light again. I then unplug the USB and hit restart (I have tried powering it down and back up again) This is where the box should boot up into the enigma set up right? But all I am getting at this stage is a black screen. The TV is recognised the box as it pops up with 720p output.

Any suggestions on what else I can try to rectify this problem? Maybe a direct link to the correct bootloader and the latest flash?

And just to confirm on the base of the Vu+ solo does have a sticker on the bottom it says Vu+ Solo BN: 02110001 SN: MA002402426.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You can start by stick to one thread! Others closed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You can start by stick to one thread! Others closed.
    Sorry I am just new to all of this and was not sure where to post. Apologies for any offense caused.