Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: [NOT QUAD+] recording problem

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [NOT QUAD+] recording problem

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    @Ojustaboo - I presume you have seen some of the other postings from Sicilian about the temperature readings in the Quad? The reported temp readings seem to be too high and don't reflect the real situation. To me, that makes sense as several Quad owners report these high temps, but without any other symptoms. If the heat sink on your box is only warm and the reported temp is 90C, then it would indicate that either the reading is wrong or that your heatsink is not doing its job. The actual surface area of a processor is very small and will heat up very quickly once it starts to run at a high usage level. If the heatsink is doing its job it should conduct heat away from the processor and become warm. So, assuming the heatsink is mounted correctly and is actually conducting heat away from the processor, it should become very warm or too hot to touch if the processor temp actually rises to 90C.

I still haven't had any issues since Wednesday with my playback glitching and my reported temps are still mid 40s. Like you, I can't go back to a previous bootloader as I don't recall one ever being published on-line by Gigablue for the Quad+, other than the new one. I'm sorry that this doesn't help your issue, though. I did find an older Quad bootloader (not Plus) on
    Code:
    http://archiv.openmips.com/
    if you wanted to try. You should verify with other Quad users, though, as a failed bootloader install will brick your box.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Temp reading are unreliable. Mine has hit 105 and still functions fine. IMHO I think it's a driver issue or bootloader as getting random reboots whilst watching or when three tuners have a recording running.

Could be kernel as well but without crash logs dam difficult to fault find.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Ojustaboo
    Thanks. Stef at world-of-satellite has read this thread and is issueing me an RMA no on Monday.

No box for 2 to 3 weeks as it has to go to Germany. So lots of Netflix for a few weeks.

Title
    Thanks
    It's surely reading wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Thanks. Stef at world-of-satellite has read this thread and is issueing me an RMA no on Monday.

No box for 2 to 3 weeks as it has to go to Germany. So lots of Netflix for a few weeks.
    Bad news in the short term, but they will get to the bottom of the issue. Stef will look after you
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I flashed build 26 on my Quad plus and was having problems watching one program and streaming another via openwebif or the remotestreamconvertor to my 800ue+.

I rebooted the box several times but I just couldn't get it to work at all. I never tested recording but I would assume it would have been the same if I tested it.

Transcoding wouldn't work at all either just locked the box up.

Was the bootloader flash mandatory to use the new 2.3 based images? I never flashed the bootloader I just went back to build 24 and used the 31/7/14 drivers from the openmips website and the box is performing perfectly. All tuners can stream externally and transcoding works albeit with poor quality.

I never mentioned it as I just assumed that gigablue had made an arse of the drivers for the new kernel (like they normally do with major releases) and in time they would sort it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwarf For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (30-08-14)

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    I just went back to build 24 and used the 31/7/14 drivers from the openmips website and the box is performing perfectly.
    Why did you use the drivers from the openmip site? I just went back to 24 (just installed the ViX image, no other drivers) and the info says the drivers are 31/7/14

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Why did you use the drivers from the openmip site? I just went back to 24 (just installed the ViX image, no other drivers) and the info says the drivers are 31/7/14

Thanks
    The ViX build 024 contains the newer drivers from 31/7. There are older drivers from 10/07 available on the openmips archive. But the bootloader changed from ViX 025 onwards.

As you changed the bootloader, but @dwarf didn't, maybe you should revert? But as I posted before, it's riskier flashing bootloaders so double check everything if you are going to do it.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 30-08-14 at 15:41.

Title
    Thanks

Thanks
    Sorry your right I actually went back to build 23 as that's the build I was on previously and it worked perfectly. Build 24 is probably perfect.

The drivers in build 26 were from August (I'm assuming to support the new kernel) and aren't listed on the openmips archive site.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm getting the pixelated / freeze / resume issue with playback on my GBQuad and have been ever since 025. Now on 026 and it's just the same. ALWAYS when recording one thing and playing back another (from the hdd).

Really disappointed with the 025/6 release - reverting to 024.

Steve

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I started a simular topic for the VU duo2 with same problem for remote streaming.Also went back to 24 .Seems a major problem on several boxes with apollo 26.Just Rob VDD doesn't have the problem.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    I'm just back online after watching Dr Who recorded earlier. Full of glitches and stutters. At one stage I had frozen video while the audio continued on. Rewound back 30 seconds and the same passage was fine on replay. Continued with glitching all the way to the end.

Title
    Thanks
    Having looked through the debug logs (which are a PITA because they have no timestamps!) for the time during which I was watching the playback of Dr. Who I can see sections where the following errors are reported in the logs. Anyone hazard a guess as to what they might be?
    Code:
    eFilePushThread WRITE ERROR

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    kernel & driver issues so.

Title
    Thanks
    Is the temperature actually reading in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius ?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast