Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apollo 025 Reflash Stuck with red light

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    This is on a Quad, yes?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    This is on a Quad, yes?
    Yes it is a Quad HD not a plus

Title
    Thanks
    Ok - wasn't 100% sure as you had mentioned Solo also. I take it the bootloader flash put up the "image detected press the ok button" splash screen and that process worked ok? Afterwards you deleted the bootloader from the USB stick and replaced with with 025 image. And this image is not being recognised by the box? Are you sure you used the Quad bootloader and not a Quad+ one? They are not interchangeable. The bootloader for the Quad+ will look for the directory structure gigablue/quadplus and the Quad bootloader will look for gigablue/quad. Apologies if I'm coming across as condescending, but it's vital to get the files correct for the different boxes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Ok - Afterwards you deleted the bootloader from the USB stick and replaced with with 025 image. And this image is not being recognised by the box? .
    Hi This happened to me in exactly the same way...I flashed new bootloader, then deleted from stick and put 025 it flashed but wouldn't boot..Tried to go back to 024 but had problems with booting..but eventually managed to flash 024 and restore my settings...Tried 026 today, which flashed ok, set it all up without restore..then found out that i have the same problem of playback of recordings as others...so try 026 see if it flashes for you...and hope the recording/playback gets sorted soon

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by richardinspain View Post
    Hi This happened to me in exactly the same way...I flashed new bootloader, then deleted from stick and put 025 it flashed but wouldn't boot..Tried to go back to 024 but had problems with booting..but eventually managed to flash 024 and restore my settings...Tried 026 today, which flashed ok, set it all up without restore..then found out that i have the same problem of playback of recordings as others...so try 026 see if it flashes for you...and hope the recording/playback gets sorted soon
    Thanks guys for the support, I will double check the bootloader out this morning and have another go. When I loaded the original bootloader the box did state image detected press the ok button, but it looked as though it was loading but it may be what fat-tony stated and was the wrong one. The reason why I mentioned my Solo2 is because I just flashed the 026 image without any issues with bootloders and yes the recordings are back fine now with the 026 image. I'll post an update later guys.

If nothing works again, it's scratch the head time and ask for help from all you wonderful people on this forum.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well at last I have my box back from what I thought may have been the brickyard. I started from scratch, made sure the bootloader was for the Quad and not the plus, formatted the usb and copied the bootloader. Flashed the box and all seemed ok. I reformatted the usb again, loaded the 026 image on and flashed the box. Initially the select ok screen disappeared after about 2 secs, so I powered down and flashed again. This time I hit the ok button as soon as it appeared and it took the flash. Box is now back with the backup I made yesterday. Great help guys. If it goes strange over the next few days I'll post again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Good stuff - the "press ok" when a flsh update is detected does disappear off the screen very quickly. It's the same on the Quad+ and caught me out the first time I flashed! Glad you're back in action. However, I'm back on 022 image because I have been having odd issues with playback on 025/026, due I think to problems with new drivers from Gigablue which have been included with the latest linux kernel and images. I'll stay on 022 for a while and see if all is stable. After that, I'll have to check on other forums to see if othes are having issues with new drivers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

madaboutlotus (31-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted...Normally it's quite straight forward to flash but with the new boot loaders it has added a bit of confusion. Funnily enough i have done a few tests of recording and play back on 026 and it seems to be fine at the momet

10. The Following User Says Thank You to richardinspain For This Useful Post:

madaboutlotus (31-08-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi fat-tony
    Well the first flash when I did get it on as per the last flash was very unstable. The box was rebooting at random times with different remote actions, recordings were a joke. I had one programme in about 20 bites all at the same time stamp! So no option but to reflash again with 026 and see what happens. The only reason I went to 026 from 023 was because I was having recording problems, never tried 022 which you say is more stable. Update again with any issues.

Title
    Thanks
    A slight misunderstanding - I'm not suggesting 022 is more stable than 023 or 024. It's just that I had a decent settings setup and backup for that image. The driver and linux kernel changes that caused the playback issues started in image 025. There are postings all over the OpenATV forum about playback issues on Quad and Quad+ on the OpenATV 4.2 image, which is on the same drivers and kernel as ViX 025 onwards. They are waiting on drivers changes from Gigablue. I assume that info will be announced here once it's released.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Using current builds: IMO, VU have finally got it right except for their HDMI-CEC. PQ better than ever on SD, HDMI-CEC worse than ever, depends on compatible HDMI-CEC TV though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well 028 was a disaster. My quad had the recording issues I suffered from on 026 as the box was switching off every 1.3 mins. Tried to do an online update but the box would switch off before I had a chance to load the update. I have flashed to 029 this morning but it would not take the 028 backup as it was not compatible with the 029 image? If this image does not work then I will go back to maybe 022 until I get a stable image. I'll post an update if any failures appear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123