Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: strange issue

Title
    Thanks

strange issue

Hi im currently running an mbtwin on VM FTA all has been fine until recently i started noticing some glitching while using the internet , especially while recording one channel and watching another. This led me to check all the connections and all seemed fine i then started some basic fault finding ie just running one cable at a time changing tuner config etc. The glitching has now got so bad that its almost impossible to watch at times when surfing the net , i should add that i have no torrents running or anything that would stress the connection. I then decided to unplug the box from the net and was suprised to find that the issue still continued. If i just run one cable via tuner A i get no issues whatsoever when i connect to Tuner B the issue returns. I have a 3 way splitter from the main connection and im starting to wonder if that is the problem or is the Tuner faulty?
    Ideas/suggestions anyone
    cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Disable Tuner A and connect Tuner B only then test. Use the feed from Tuner A.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    yes have tried that same issue tried different cable different plugs etc does it seem odd to you that with the internet disconnected it still happens there is an earth screw on the splitter , should i try grounding it? ive found that ive never had to before.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Change the splitter and check coax/f connectors for any shorts.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Doubtful its the receiver at fault, you can even disconnect power to the receiver and swap the tuners in the slots.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

tbthirty5 (22-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    i will deffo change the splitter although i dont have a spare on me at the mo ill get one tomorrow and test
    thank you

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would put it down to a faulty or cheap splitter or even a faulty connection lead, I had a similar problem with my LX3 but I fitted a genuine virgin splitter and leads
    and now I am getting 99% SNR on BBC News Cable

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-08-14),tbthirty5 (22-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    ok renewed the splitter and no more problems thanks for all your help guys

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tbthirty5 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-08-14)