Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GI LX3 Largest HDD Capacity

Title
    Thanks

GI LX3 Largest HDD Capacity

What's the largest HDD capacity this box can handle or any one actually tried.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello I have only tried a 1 TB drive in my LX3 but I have a 3 TB in my Duo2, and funny that you should mention it I was going to try the 3 TB drive in the LX3 it should work fine I will let you know how I get on

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just Fitted my 3 TB Drive from my Duo2 in to my LX3 and it worked perfect it accessed all the recordings on the drive I played a few samples and even recorded a short bit of news lol so now we know that the LX3 will take at least a 3TB Drive

it did not show my screen shots but they work if you click on them
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 05-08-14 at 02:27. Reason: attachements issue

Title
    Thanks
    I had a 1.5TB WD WD15EARS in my Duo, took it out before selling the box, to use in my LX3.
    But the HDD failed it was working before I took out, had about 1.2 TB of recordings on it.
    I think it's a faulty PCB on HDD as the platters seem to spin OK.

This time I will get a proper AV HDD. Probably go for 2TB.

By the way your attachments don't show, get the following error: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That's because I tried to upload the pictures to my Original post after I had swapped the Hard Drives over and it still showed that I could edit - but you only get a certain time to edit your post,that is probably why my screen shots did not show up
    my Hard Drive is a 5500rpm sata III Drive and it works Perfect and Super Quiet, mind you I was surprised that it was Hot when I took it out of the Duo2 to fit in the LX3 but it seems to work ok, and it is a 3.5" Toshiba not a 2.5" that I have in the LX3, and the difference in price between a 3 or 2 TB Drive is not worth contemplating the 2 TB I will post them pic's again just for the Hell of it

3 TB Drive in a LX3 - 2.jpg 3 TB Drive in a LX3 - 3.jpg 3 TB Drive in a LX3 - 4.jpg 3 TB Drive in a LX3 - 5.jpg 3 TB Drive in a LX3.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    nsw9154; I've installed a 3TB WD purple (proper DVR HDD) in my box, it's much quieter than the WD Cavier Blue I had in there until the purple arrived.
    It seems to show the same capacity (2.86TB) as your box.

The epg days pages load up instantly with this box.
    Much faster than my old Vu Duo & Sly box (the Slug).

So far no regrets in buying the LX3 as long as the image updates keep coming.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it's a great receiver and I have never regretted buying it it is easily on par with the much more Expensive Duo2 but in it's defence the Duo2 is built like a Tank