Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tm twin remote

Title
    Thanks

Tm twin remote

Hi guys i was having problems with my tm twin remote(my 18 month old son launched it across the room) the stb and number 3 button became non responsive sometimes,So i purchased another,Do i have to program this to the box? It just won't control the box,I did notice that the old remote had some numbers inside the battery compartment which are ep11-42,43,44,45,46 The new remote is ep12-26,27,28,29,30 i'm wondering if this is the problem,But then again i would of thought if the remote is for a tm twin it should work
    Any help would be much appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Try pressing Ok and 0 that worked for me

Title
    Thanks
    Tried that no joy,the company I got it from tell me I have to hold menu button on receiver untill I get an on screen message but that's not working either

Title
    Thanks
    After speaking to Technomate they told me to press the menu button on the box 6 times quickly and it will change the frequency of the remote,The only problem is it'll only work on a 4d image,Is there any way this can be done on vix? Because as soon as i flash back to vix it defaults to the original remote

Title
    Thanks
    When I changed to vix I pressed Ok and zero and it works. Was a pain setting my box up with my phone. Btw I'm using the skinny black remote

Title
    Thanks
    Tried everything using vix image but can't get new remote to work,but as said if I flash 4d I can change the remote type by pressing menu on box 6 times,when I did this the box was set for the tm 2t remote of I set it to tm twin remote it wouldn't work ,so although New remote is marked as tm twin it's frequency is for tm 2t,and to be honest I don't want to use 4d vix is so much better

Title
    Thanks
    Sounds like you need to send it back if it ain't working. Btw how much did you pay and where from? I'm looking for another one

Title
    Thanks
    It's working if I change remote type on 4d image,but you can't change remote type in vix,unless someone knows a way,it was £28 delivered from satellitetvshop site couple of quid less than direct from technomate

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    They have sent you a remote for a 2T. I would get a refund under the sales of goods act. It is obviously not working on a TM Twin unless you tell the receiver to use a different freqeuncy. What does the front of the remote say? Its not the first time we have seen this issue.

I have posted in the TM beta section asking for them to make the package available for non 4D images. Hope they respond.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

kendo75 (31-07-14),Larry-G (31-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    The front of the remote says tm twin,so in all fairness as far as the seller is concerned it is a remote for the tm twin

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Although not the sellers fault, he has sent you a remote that is not what it is advertised as. The fault is with the Manufacturer/Supplier. It's your money so choice is yours whether you pursue the matter or not. You should not even have to pay return postage either.

Richard is abroad until late next week, and according to response in the thread in TM beta section, TM were asked months back for the feature. So don't hold your breath for a fix.

Title
    Thanks
    I'll contact the seller and see what he's got to say

Title
    Thanks
    My remote works fine with vix appollo. Although as i stated before I had to press Ok and 0 to make the remote work, after I had set vix up using my phone if that helps

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I've just updated to openvix appollo 023. The remote wouldn't work even when pressing Ok and 0. The remote was showing in the display as working though. So . Powered down by holding the front power button on. Then when I restarted and when back to setup page the remote works a treat. See if that works for you mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast