Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Record up to 7 channels

Title
    Thanks

Record up to 7 channels

Hello, I am a complete newbie with this, I am looking for help with setting up the tuners on my new miracle box hd twin.
    I have four cables coming from quad lnb on my satellite.
    I am looking for the best configuration on the tuners to be able to record up to 7 channels as claimed by the manufacture.
    The problem I am having is, although I am able to record up to 7 channels, with some configurations I am unable to record the channels that I want due to them being greyed out. Is this because I have all cables connected to the one lnb? If I were to get another lnb and a twin lnb holder bracket for the one dish, and put two of the cables into that . could this solve the problem of greyed out channels? or would I have to get a whole new dish and lnb? The dish position would not be changing as I only want to pick up the sky channels.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The MB Twin has two tuners correct ? (I ask because I genuinely do not know as I dont own one of these receivers).

any hoo if it does only have two tuners then while technically you can record upto and even more than 7 channels they will have to be channels that correspond with the transponders being received on the two channels your tuners are tuned to, the same is true of ALL receivers. so while you can record upto or more than 7 channels you will still be limited in what you can record. The only way to really record any 7 channels independently would be to have 7 independent tuners in the receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, yes it is twin tuner, so there is nothing to be gained by having all 4 cables connected to the tuners?

And if I were to add a second twin lnb to my dish, and have the other two cables connected to that, that still wouldn't make a difference? would it?
    On my sky hd box there is only two feed inputs, and I was able to record two while watching a third on that, I think.
    I thought that with the 4 feed inputs on the miracle box that I would at least be able to record 5 even dough it says up to 7
    I've been playing around with the settings, and so far I have not found anything that even comes close to how my sky + hd box operated. if I could get it working like it I would be happy. I think I am doing the tuner settings incorrectly. Should I set the tuners equal to, loop trough or what.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packiepa View Post
    Ok, yes it is twin tuner, so there is nothing to be gained by having all 4 cables connected to the tuners?

And if I were to add a second twin lnb to my dish, and have the other two cables connected to that, that still wouldn't make a difference? would it?
    On my sky hd box there is only two feed inputs, and I was able to record two while watching a third on that, I think.
    I thought that with the 4 feed inputs on the miracle box that I would at least be able to record 5 even dough it says up to 7
    I've been playing around with the settings, and so far I have not found anything that even comes close to how my sky + hd box operated. if I could get it working like it I would be happy. I think I am doing the tuner settings incorrectly. Should I set the tuners equal to, loop trough or what.
    The Miraclebox only has 2 tuners, i.e. 2 inputs. The lower connectors are loop outs, NOT inputs.

Even a Sky box can only record across 2 transponders.

If you want more then you need a receiver capable of more tuners, such as LX3, Quad+, Duo2, they can have 4 tuners.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (27-07-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Obviously four tuners with their own feeds is always going to give you more recording options than two will but do you seriously expect to be recording 7 different channels frequently ?. For my own main family receiver I have a Vu+ Ultimo with three single DVB-S/S2 tuners and that gives me far more recording options than I will ever need, and that thing is recording all kinds of rubbish pretty much 24/7, in fact it records so much I never actually get a chance to watch half of it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packiepa View Post
    Should I set the tuners equal to, loop trough or what.
    If using a fixed dish see attached screenshot.

Set both tuners as per that screenshot, if you have two direct feeds from LNB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    btw. a second twin LNB will not give you another 2 cables for the same sat as 2 lnb on one dish are pointing to different sat. You have to replace the twin with a quad or octo if you will be able to make more recording on one sat.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard