Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner Issue on Solo2

Title
    Thanks

Tuner Issue on Solo2

Hi all

I've recently been having an issue where one of my tuners will turn red which means as soon as 1 recording starts then I can't watch any other channels. It says no free tuner on any other channel that isnt on the same transponder as the recording.

If I restart the box then it will go back to normal and if I record something at this point it will work as normal and I can watch something else with the spare tuner.

I'm on apollo build 22.
    both tuners set up as single, simple on 28.2

I have a separate wire into each tuner from my old sly box.

I've tried turning transcoding off and also timeshift off in case that may be affecting it but it has made no difference.
    it always seemed to be tuner B that would turn red so I've swapped the preferred tuner to tuner B and now tuner A turns red.
    I've also tried swapping the two wires around but that seemed to make no difference.

Nothing in particular causes it just seems to happen after around 10 mins or so of using the box after a restart

hope this makes sense and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello and welcome to the forum, have you tried doing a clean fresh install without backups just to see if some thing is conflicting
    Also have you set ABM and CrossEPG up properly I had a similar problem with my Solo2 not receiving any signal on tuner A and I had to connect to tuner B as loop through to A then I found that I had my settings wrong -- just a thought

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

bvinton (24-07-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    when this happens again try pulling the network cable out to see if the second tuner kicks in again, if so it means that some one has gained access to your receiver and is streaming one of your tuners externally.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bvinton (24-07-14),cactikid (23-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Try setting the b tuner to equal to a

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shuggy For This Useful Post:

bvinton (24-07-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Or you have set your receiver to stream and it is still being accessed by your phone or tablet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

bvinton (24-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Weirdly this morning is the first time in 2 weeks I haven't been able to recreate the issue. I'm still not confident it will be fixed and I'll check it again when I get in from work.

All I've done so far after the advice from phoenix and damacfunkin is uninstall vu+ player from my phone. I've left dreamdroid on as I do use that frequently.

so its possible that's what was causing it but like I say I'll check again when I get home.

regarding the other advice.
    nsw9154
    I've only really used ABM when i was first setting up the box and I've moved channels around since then so haven't really used it since. Do I need to possibly? As for cross epg I have that set up and have it set to auto update at 4am every night which seems to be working fine although I do update it manually from time to time. So could you clarify what you mean about setting those two up correctly as this may have been what I've done wrong?
    I haven't tried a clean install but I will do as a last resort if nothing else works.

Phoenix, I'll try taking the network cable out if the problem is happening again when I get home.

Shuggy I tried setting tuner b equal to a previously but didn't seem to make a difference.

Title
    Thanks
    As I thought when I got home one of the tuners had turned red again although nothing was recording.

I tried unplugging the ethernet cable but tuner A still remains red. I could fix it by restarting the box again but would love to some how fix it.

Any other suggestions before I try the first suggestion of a clean install without backups?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Pulling the network cable probably won't free up the tuner straight away.
    Open a telnet session the next time it happens & post the output of
    Code:
    netstat
    here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

bvinton (26-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I think you maybe right although not sure what i look for on here
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 27-07-14 at 22:13. Reason: Remove attachment

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinton View Post

I think you maybe right although not sure what i look for on here
    The output shows you logged in via FTP and you'r ahem channel source as well as some one connected on port 8001 which is the default port for streaming channels. so it looks like your system may have been hacked.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bvinton (26-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The output shows you logged in via FTP and you'r ahem channel source as well as some one connected on port 8001 which is the default port for streaming channels. so it looks like your system may have been hacked.
    is there anything i can do?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes a full fresh flash, and change all passwords for the receiver, also do you have any posts open on the router etc ?, as thats the easiest way for some one to get access.

p.s the ip connecting to your receiver is
    Code:
    and it's showing as from Paris, is that familiar ?.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bvinton (27-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    no paris is not familiar. I think i do have ports open for transcoding.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinton View Post
    no paris is not familiar. I think i do have ports open for transcoding.
    well thats is very likely how you were hacked, you may want to close those ports or look into a VPN for future use after you have secured your network.

SIMPLES.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bvinton (27-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for all the great advice. Turned off the port forwarding and now everything is fine. didnt realise how easy it was to hack even with a password

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bvinton For This Useful Post:

Vs6gy (22-10-17)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast