Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sundtek Cable Tuner

Title
    Thanks

Sundtek Cable Tuner

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Sundtek Cable tuner to go with my TM2T but not had any joy getting it to work.

Sundtek Control Centre recognises the stick but I'm receiving a tuner lock error using ABM and 0 services returned when manually scanning. I know the feed is live and working properly using an official VM receiver.

Anybody got this working on their TM?

Cheers.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Doubt it would function on TM receivers, but I'll try to test tomorrow.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bhoywonder1967 (21-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate,

It wouldn't be the end of the world to "have to" buy a new receiver but my 2T has been rock solid for me since day 1, so don't really want to get rid if I can help it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Forget manually scanning on these it is possible but different boxes have certain ways of doing it, try to get it pulling channels in using ABM, the only other channel of any other interest you could get with a manual scan is Sky Sports 5 which is currently only testing (a placeholder i think).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Forget manually scanning on these it is possible but different boxes have certain ways of doing it, try to get it pulling channels in using ABM, the only other channel of any other interest you could get with a manual scan is Sky Sports 5 which is currently only testing (a placeholder i think).
    Getting tuner lock error, timeout I think, using ABM mate. Using correct Netid etc.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder1967 View Post
    Hi,

I've recently purchased a Sundtek Cable tuner to go with my TM2T but not had any joy getting it to work.

Sundtek Control Centre recognises the stick but I'm receiving a tuner lock error using ABM and 0 services returned when manually scanning. I know the feed is live and working properly using an official VM receiver.

Anybody got this working on their TM?

Cheers.
    You might try to contact us via Skype chat (sundtek) or http://chat.sundtek.de in order to get some official statement if the TM2T could be supported.
    You might try from Wednesday on since today our engineer is busy testing some new prototypes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sundtek For This Useful Post:

bhoywonder1967 (22-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sundtek View Post
    You might try to contact us via Skype chat (sundtek) or http://chat.sundtek.de in order to get some official statement if the TM2T could be supported.
    You might try from Wednesday on since today our engineer is busy testing some new prototypes.
    Thanks, sent a skype message, no reply as yet.

Just noticed when installing the driver it autodetects the receiver as a Vu Solo, don't know if that helps?

Title
    Thanks
    Spoke with Sundtek support on Skype last night and got this working on the 2T, albeit using a temporary workaround that needs to be applied after every reboot.

Hopefully they'll be able to incorporate this into the driver package for trouble free scanning etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bhoywonder1967 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (26-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    The driver now automatically applies the fix so the TM2T is now also supported.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sundtek For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-07-14),bassethound (28-07-14),bhoywonder1967 (27-07-14),Peterj (28-07-14),Sicilian (28-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sundtek View Post
    The driver now automatically applies the fix so the TM2T is now also supported.
    You beat me to it sundtek!! Thanks again for all your help with this.

For anybody worrying about purchasing the Sundtek Cable Tuner for any receiver, DON'T!! I've got to say the support offered by Sundtek has been absolutely first class, as long as you're willing to Skype IM, Remote Desktop etc then I'm sure Sundtek will be able to help. I don't give praise easily but I've been really impressed with Sundtek this week in resolving this.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bhoywonder1967 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (28-07-14),Peterj (28-07-14),Sicilian (28-07-14)