Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM-2T LAN connection not activating

Title
    Thanks

TM-2T LAN connection not activating

Hi,

Been a long time since I have posted, box had been pretty stable for a while on 808 so never updated it after that.

Anyway, whilst watching a recording the other night the box crashed and when I hard reset it the box seemed to get stuck in a start loop where it would seem to start then the HDMI signal would go even if the box still seemed to be booting. It would never actually start properly though. When I initially tried to reflash it with 808 the same thing was happening where it would seem to start the update but again the HDMI signal would go and the update would not complete.

Having read on another thread here that disconnecting the HDD could help the issue I did so and flashed it with the latest bootloader, released on 17/7/14 which worked, I then flashed it with the latest Apollo image which again completed successfully.

Unfortunately when the going through the setup wizard the box was not able to activate the LAN connection, the lights are active on the back, solid green and and occasional flash from the orange so it seems like the port itself is ok, the rear USB ports are functional as I used them to flash the box. Everything else is working, HDD connected and able to play files, full scan completed and all FTA viewable, RF output is working etc.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue? If not can anyone offer any ideas on how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Update....

Have spoken to TM this morning and they have advised that occasionally VIX can corrupt the MAC configuration on the network card. Thankfully they have said they can resolve the issue if I send my box down to them but they won't release the fix to the public. I'm guessing it involves using a serial connection to the box and manually configuring the interface, I don't have anull modem cable at the moment to test this theory out, does anyone know if thats likely to be the case?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi82 View Post
    Update....

Have spoken to TM this morning and they have advised that occasionally VIX can corrupt the MAC configuration on the network card.
    Utter nonsense.

Have you tried setting it up with a static IP address.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Judge,

I have indeed, static IP, subnet and gateway all configured but the interface still wouldn't start up.

Intially when I save the config and try to activate the interface it says it has done so but the link doesn't actually activate.
    Last edited by rinaldi82; 18-07-14 at 11:47.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaldi82 View Post
    Hi Judge,

I have indeed, static IP, subnet and gateway all configured but the interface still wouldn't start up.

Intially when I save the config and try to activate the interface it says it has done so but the link doesn't actually activate.
    Are you sure you're using the correct settings? Tried rebooting your router first?
    If it is indeed a hardware problem & TM are willing to fix it, let them, but don't let them fob you off with an image issue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

rinaldi82 (18-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I reckon so, config was as follows:

IP: 192.168.1.5
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Do you know if there is anyway to get onto the box via a serial cable to check the interface config?

I have a note of the MAC as I configured it as a dedicated IP address on my router for FTP and WebIF access.

Title
    Thanks
    Update...Again....

Got the box back from TM and they have sorted the issue out, box now has a different MAC so unsure as to whether they replaced the interface or just reprogrammed it. Either way I am happy its working.

They also installed the latest 4D image on it, it's ok but I much prefer the way things are done in VIX, find it much more intuitive and user friendly. I know what happened was more than likely down to the boot loop I encountered however I am somewhat nervous to install Apollo.

Does anyone know if I will have to install the latest bootloader or will still remain on the device following my last install?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have a new mac address, they more than likely swpaped the motherboard, i.e it is a different receiver. If you have the latest 4D image it should have the universal bootloader on it.

As mentioned above, don't believe anything they may say about image having caused the issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

rinaldi82 (30-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you have a new mac address, they more than likely swpaped the motherboard, i.e it is a different receiver. If you have the latest 4D image it should have the universal bootloader on it.

As mentioned above, don't believe anything they may say about image having caused the issue.
    Thanks for the info Abu, going to put Apollo on it now, fingers crossed all is well afterwards.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Would be appreciated if you could provide feedback on whether you get the pink screen issue when coming out of standby over the next week.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Would be appreciated if you could provide feedback on whether you get the pink screen issue when coming out of standby over the next week.
    Strangely enough I got the pink screen on 4D when I took the box out of standby prior to putting Apollo on it yesterday.

Apollo sorted that out though and seems to be running well, only issue I have is that it takes ages trying to load the 'download plugin's' page and then there is nothing in it when it does, were the feeds down yesterday?

Title
    Thanks
    Update..

I didn't realise but I had installed update 19 of Apollo, upgraded to 23 last night via usb and all feeds are working now as expected.

Installed several plugins no probs, installed sandman picons but very few of them are showing up, any ideas as to why this would be?