Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Inadyn dyndns configuration

Title
    Thanks

Inadyn dyndns configuration

im tying to configure this here are my setting can someone please help please thank you

Check for a new IP every 54000 seconds (24 hours)
    update_period_sec 54000

# Enter your DynDNS.com username and password here
    username XXXXXX
    password XXXXXXX

# What kind of host is being updated? Choices are dyndns@dyndns.org, statdns@dyndns.org, custom@dyndns.org
    dyndns_system dyndns@dyndns.org

# The hosts you want to update (uncomment the lines below)

dyndns@dyndns.org
    alias xxxxxxxx.dyndns-mail.com

#alias another-dynamic-host.homeip.net

Title
    Thanks
    In theory the line alias xxxxxxxx.dyndns-mail.com should be under the #alias another-dynamic-host.homeip.net line in your inadyn.conf file.

But since all the lines starting with # are ignored it should not make any difference. But just in case I would try an extra blank line between
    dyndns@dyndns.org & alias xxxxxxxx.dyndns-mail.com

Otherwise it all looks ok.

There is no log file to check whether or not it's working. But you can log on to your dyndns account to check if its working.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mate ive done that all and no connection to my android phone.? it connects via my home wi fi but via wan cant find it? thank you

Title
    Thanks
    I don't understand what you are trying to achieve with inadyn - can you give more details of what you are trying to do.

This is what inadyn is designed to do.

- firstly - it assumes you have already signed up for an IP host with dyndns or no-ip or similar.

- then, it monitors your home IP for any change
    - if inadyn detects that your home IP has changed it logs on to your dyndns (or no-ip, etc) account and automatically updates the IP associated with your host name.

Is that what you want to inadyn to do for you?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You also need to forward ports from your router to the receiver. I think there is a tutorial on the forum but I am just using my phone atm so I cant show you where.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    I don't understand what you are trying to achieve with inadyn - can you give more details of what you are trying to do.

This is what inadyn is designed to do.

- firstly - it assumes you have already signed up for an IP host with dyndns or no-ip or similar.

- then, it monitors your home IP for any change
    - if inadyn detects that your home IP has changed it logs on to your dyndns (or no-ip, etc) account and automatically updates the IP associated with your host name.

Is that what you want to inadyn to do for you?
    HI im wanting to use my phone at work and when on holiday to view my sat box? and from what I understand you have to have dyndns as a sever? or am I wrong? thank you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikehunt43 For This Useful Post:

timofee (18-07-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You dont have to but it makes life a lot easier if you dont have a static external ip address. Have a read of this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-PC-amp-Others as it will give you an idea of what ports to forward
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

mikehunt43 (18-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for explaining what you are trying to achieve. Follow the ronand advice above and you should be sorted.

Post again if you have any more questions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to timofee For This Useful Post:

mikehunt43 (18-07-14)