Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help setting up a new box...

Title
    Thanks

Question Help setting up a new box...

Hello. Ive jumped in at the deep end and bought the GB Quad+ as my first linux box.

Im trying to get as close to the Sky UK set up as possible, that is the same channels, similar EPG, pause/rewind, recording and on demand playback.

So far, ive not had much luck. After installing VIX Apollo 015, Ive scanned 28.2E and come up with channels, but they're all over the place.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to get started? I have had a look on the forum but much of it seems to be orientated to the VU boxes.

Also the display on the screen seems to be too large (about a cm is missing all around the edges), it looks like it needs scaling to size. Im connected with HDMI. How can I sort this?

Can the mini screen on the box be set so it shows only the channel and time - in the same was the original firmware does. Fancy as it is, it's a little annoying showing the actual TV on the mini screen.

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Have a look on www.openvix.co.uk we have a good selection of tutorials there which should help. For your channels try the ABM plugin which is built into the image.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.