Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad hangs (Spinning VIX), no crash, Debug created (what does it mean?)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quad hangs (Spinning VIX), no crash, Debug created (what does it mean?)

Using Apollo 12

Quad is near 5 months old and has developed an issue where it freezes for up to 30 mins randomly. I have....

reflashed with/without settings restore
    Disconnected/changed HDD (remounted also)
    Disconnected/changed USB (remounted also)
    Tested with only pre-installed tuners (disabled terrestrial and Sat in slots C and D)

The YAD is within those discussed in the link so it looks like a dodgy one........
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?34556-gigablue-quad-restarts-but-no-crash-report/page12&highlight=quad+hangs
    Before I send it back I am posting the debug log to see if you knowledgeable guys can shed some light on it? This log is from a virgin flash - No restore - Cross EPG set to 28E - Bouquets are FTA only - Additional tuners are disabled - No Cams - No additional plug-ins. The log is dated 01.01.1970!! but happened between 18:30 and 20:00 today.

Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-18.log

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello Bubbleballs now I am Glad I bought the Solo2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bump

Tapatalker

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

Another debug log when I checked tonight
    Enigma2-30-06-2014_23-17-02.log

When I tried to view it, on the box, E2 restarted (no crash log) then this debug log was created
    Enigma2-01-07-2014_22-11-51.log

Would really appreciate any feedback if anybody understands the info on these. I would like to have some concrete info when I return the box.

Cheers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    You have lots of:
    Code:
    [eDVBRecordStreamThread] failed to cancel, killing all waiting IO
    [eDVBRecordFileThread] poll: aio_return returned failure: Interrupted system call
    [eDVBRecordFileThread] poll: aio_return returned failure: Interrupted system call
    [eDVBRecordFileThread] Waiting for I/O to complete
    [eFilePushThreadRecorder] Warning: All write buffers busy
    [eDVBRecordFileThread] cancelling
    No idea what's causing that though, but it's not usual.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (01-07-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also, the logs in your last post aren't from a fresh flash of 014 with nothing restored.
    Can you upload one in this situation please.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello mate I thought that your Serial number was OK but it looks you got one with the dodgy YAD numbers
    I had them all written down but must have binned them when I bought the Solo2
    But how do you stand if you send it back surly they would have to replace it with a Quad Plus

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I bought one of the so-called dud serial number Quads from a user on this forum about 6 months ago..

I put it in my bedroom and It runs 24/7.. Never turned off.. I can honestly say that i have never had 1 single issue with it since i got it..

I dont remember who the user was.. But as far as i remember.. He was having issue after issue with it..

All i can say is.. This boils down to the way the user has the receiver set up..

This is just my own observation.. As i can NOT re-create an issues that any of you guys are having with my Quad with the dodge serial number..

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    I bought one of the so-called dud serial number Quads from a user on this forum about 6 months ago..
    Don't think a dud serial number has ever been confirmed. Bought my Quad secondhand too & it's never had a single issue besides the usual expected issues on test builds/boxes.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Judge - I have just flashed 14 and enabled debug logs. I have run ABM and set Crossepg (opentv provider 28E) with scheduled DL at 4am daily. Will wait for any logs and post as soon as I see them. EDIT - As before I have disabled the additional tuners - should I enable them?

NSW - I have already gotten the return address and will see what they find. It's well within warranty.

Mr. Mister - I have two Quads. The first was bought just after launch. This has been faultless, and the reason I wanted a second one. I have set both up exactly the same - the same plugins, EPG settings, HDD settings, Timeshift settings, bouquets etc. The older Quad has no problems and must be over a year old. In the past few weeks the newer Quad began acting up. I have reflashed all of my saved images/builds, even 3.808 (which never caused an issue for the many weeks while Zeus was being finalised), but still it froze. So from a user viewpoint I can't explain why the same set up causes issues on only one of my receivers.

Interestingly, the seller has confirmed that "There has been a similar software problem with same kinds of receivers some time ago. Please try an older or newest software. New OpenViX and OpenViX from beginning of the year should work."

But rather than just send it back I would like to confirm, if possible, that the issue it is not something I have done. After all it has worked great for many months. I have tried everything I can think of, with my limited experience, hence this post.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

judge (02-07-14),Mr. Mister (02-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Can you get a backup image from the quad that's running perfectly and use it on the faulty quad? If it still crashed it would prove it isn't something you have done.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    Can you get a backup image from the quad that's running perfectly and use it on the faulty quad? If it still crashed it would prove it isn't something you have done.
    Cheers. I have already tried that and still the newer one froze. Interesting that for the 2.5 hrs I watched the footie last night on the newer box there were no lock ups so am curious to see if there will be logs when I finish work. Wife/Kids starting to get pi..ed off now - first the lockups, now only the basics working. Shows how accustomed she has become to the benefits of E2 receivers and plug ins etc. (And how easy Vix is to use)

If there are no logs tonight I might reflash both receivers (again, and no restore) to 14 and introduce plugins, settings etc one by one to see if one of them is responsible for the lockups, and monitor.

Might actually swap them both to rule out cable damage.

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    Spinning Vix tonight and last night,trying openrsi at the moment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanley1 View Post
    Spinning Vix tonight and last night,trying openrsi at the moment.
    Reports like this really don't help this thread or help solve the issue.
    Please upload a debug log so it can at least be compared to the debug logs BubbleBalls is uploading.
    Might help find a common issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, should have done that, if it's any help serial number of box begins YAD..........

Regards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast