Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hard drive power source

Title
    Thanks

Hard drive power source

Hi All,

Does the Technomate need the official combined sata cable, as I can't see anywhere to plug the power cable into the board...

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Hopefully these are self explanatory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

insomniac (07-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Great thanks - makes sense,

I don't have that kind of cable, I think I found someone on amazon selling it for £1.46 (....and £8.29 delivery lol)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/InLine%C2%AE...rds=sata+2+pin

But I would be better of with the kit than that, do you know anyone that sells the cable by it self?

Title
    Thanks
    Actually the one in the amazon link I think its 2pin and wrong, should be 4pin right, like..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SATA-HDD-H...item2339a8cb54

Still abit pricey for a cable...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The sponsor sells them. You need the caddy to mount it as well as the fan. Not sure how much P&P

Click on this link

It only uses 5 volts, this is why there are only two wires. If you have the metal work, you can modify your cable.

Title
    Thanks
    In the end I went for a botched job, a £5 cable delivered from China, took about 10 days to arrive from here -> http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im130814001.html

Put some soft foam under the hard drive, to keep it away from the circuit board, and screwed it in from underneath through an existing hole to keep it in place! Pic attached incase anyone else is a cheap skate like me!

20140619_211424.jpg

note, the cable from china although is ok, you need to sheer away the teeth of the plastic abit to make it fit into the 2pin power connector on the board.