Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Channels Not Working

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Bloke down the pub told me last night if I stand on my head for 3 minutes, then stand up turn once to the left and twice to the right and click my heels 3 times I will get all my HD channels back and be back in Kansas in seconds.
    Anyone tried it ? Does it work, is there a tutorial/guide of how to stand on your head ?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

judge (13-06-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Bloke down the pub told me last night if I stand on my head for 3 minutes, then stand up turn once to the left and twice to the right and click my heels 3 times I will get all my HD channels back and be back in Kansas in seconds.
    Anyone tried it ? Does it work, is there a tutorial/guide of how to stand on your head ?
    Don't forget to do it two times...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (13-06-14)

boysheff
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Sorry, but sounds like nonsense...
    Here here, totally agree

Title
    Thanks
    Might be the wrong thread to post the question in, but...

I've not put my sky card in the sky receiver for years, its been happily updating through cccam and newcs. IF I were to put it in the sky receiver, would it still work in the omnikey/newcs afterwards?
    I'm loosing channels now (due to the new encryption) and want to make sure I can still watch through Sky box if there's a HD movie I want to watch.

Title
    Thanks
    should work fine mate

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by midiandy View Post
    should work fine mate
    Thanks, i'll give it a try tonight then.

Title
    Thanks
    And did it work ?

Title
    Thanks
    Havent had a chance to try it out yet and I'll be away until next week now.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC29 View Post
    So I take it they wont be back on by the end of the month? He is adamant they will be but im tempted to believe people on here more than him. Guess im going to have to ditch the enigma box and use the Sky HD box then?
    I would rather watch sd on my solo2 than hd on a sky box, thank you.

Of course if the premium SD go then my mind may change.
    Zgemma H7S, internal 2tb WDC WD20NPVZ-00W HDD, ViX as below
    System OE: OE-Alliance 4.4
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.4.013 (2021-06-24)
    Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.12 / 20191123

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chrcoluk For This Useful Post:

NAVSTER1 (07-08-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrcoluk View Post
    I would rather watch sd on my solo2 than hd on a sky box, thank you.

Of course if the premium SD go then my mind may change.
    Even if the premium SD channels do go from 28.2 east with third party receivers, I would still rather use the third party receiver than any offered by sky uk, there are far more satellites up there that can be received in the UK than just sky uk.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I understand that but will all other subs / providers not go the same route as sly, theyd be fools not to..
    All decent content is now on paytv.
    The next threat to satellite is streaming. The same thing will happen to TV as to music.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Even if the premium SD channels do go from 28.2 east with third party receivers, I would still rather use the third party receiver than any offered by sky uk, there are far more satellites up there that can be received in the UK than just sky uk.

Title
    Thanks
    It's quite funny listening to the jungle drums and people guessing or assuming it's to do with encryption.
    The reason you're losing HD channels one by one is because the codec has changed, sly are using a new codec standard that has much higher compression, allowing them to create more HD channels and a 4K channel. Using the old H.264 format they wouldn't have had enough bandwidth to do this, so sly are porting all HD channels over one by one to the new codec. When somebody writes the codec that sly is using for your box and then push it out as an update, you will then get your HD channels back.

That's one for the VIX team to develop - good luck

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baronarmy View Post
    It's quite funny listening to the jungle drums and people guessing or assuming it's to do with encryption.
    Just like you have now done...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

ronand (26-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baronarmy View Post
    The reason you're losing HD channels one by one is because the codec has changed, sly are using a new codec standard that has much higher compression, allowing them to create more HD channels and a 4K channel. Using the old H.264 format they wouldn't have had enough bandwidth to do this, so sly are porting all HD channels over one by one to the new codec. When somebody writes the codec that sly is using for your box and then push it out as an update, you will then get your HD channels back.

That's one for the VIX team to develop - good luck
    It's nothing to do with any of that, your card has to be paired to your box for channels to open. Cards cannot be paired to e2 receivers so channels don't open. Simple.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    If its the new codec why is BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD and CH4 HD not affected by this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast