Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ccam setting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sometimes i open the boquets and my stb freezes and it gives me a black screen with loads of errors (enigma 2 ccam etc) and the box restarts.

please tell me how that is my own failings.

so instead of blaming the stb. should i blame myself for changing the channel??

i never had this problem on any of the stbs listed below.

solo2
    vu+ultimo
    gigablue quad
    dreambox
    openbox

i was using vix 3.0.632. perhaps it was a bad flash(if thats possible) because it has been happening since the day i bought the stb.

anyway i have upadated to the new apollo image and its seems to be working fine at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Poor workmen always blame their tools, rather than looking at their own failings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warajoker; 23-07-14 at 23:32.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warajoker View Post
    sometimes i open the boquets and my stb freezes and it gives me a black screen with loads of errors (enigma 2 ccam etc) and the box restarts.

please tell me how that is my own failings.

so instead of blaming the stb. should i blame myself for changing the channel??

i never had this problem on any of the stbs listed below.

solo2
    vu+ultimo
    gigablue quad
    dreambox
    openbox

i was using vix 3.0.632. perhaps it was a bad flash(if thats possible) because it has been happening since the day i bought the stb.

anyway i have upadated to the new apollo image and its seems to be working fine at the moment.

You have shown absolutely no want or desire to get to the route cause of your issues other than to come onto this forum and bitch and moan about the receiver and image, so I have no interest in helping you.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

ronand (23-07-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    there is an excellent pdf guide in downloads for pc,please download it and see the light

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...hing%20Guides/

and if flashing please check if bootloader needs updating first for new image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    because it didnt happen as frequently
    And its taken you a year to look into why this was happening ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i havent bitched or moaned about the image or the stb. the only thing i said was it is a cheap shit stb. because i have used the vix image on every stb that i have ever had that vix was compatble with without any issues. thats why i said it was a cheap shit stb because i didnt have theese problems with the better stbs while using the vix image.

and how have i shown no want or desire to get the problem fixed? i stated the issues that kept happening. what else could i possibly do

You have shown absolutely no want or desire to get to the route cause of your issues other than to come onto this forum and bitch and moan about the receiver and image, so I have no interest in helping you.
    Last edited by warajoker; 23-07-14 at 23:58.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    because it didnt happen as frequently
    Sorry but thats a total contradiction of what you originally posted and I quote.

i completley 100% forgot everything. i no longer know how to ftp into my box or which files are in which folders. but i guess i can learn again. but if i carry on using this vix image will the epg and autoboquets carry on working

the only reason i wanted to change images is because the vix 3.0 litterally crashes every day. its been like that since the day i flashed it around a year ago.
    yep. it crashes once or twice a day when i open the bouquets to change channels

i should never of sold my GB Quad that was amazing and so was the solo2 . i never had this problem with any of my past stbs. and i used vix on every one.

i guess its just this cheap shit stb
    so what is it ?, Does the receiver crash every day or not frequently ?, because you dont seem to be able to get your story strait.

Contrary to what you may think of me I am not trying to be a dick here, but you just breezing onto the forum making bold statements like this
    the cheap shit stb is the maxi digital that im using atm
    show me that you have no interest in seriously looking into why your receiver / image is unstable, if I am wrong I will happily help you find the cause, if however all you want to do is to gob off then you are more than welcome to go else where.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i havent bitched or moaned about the image or the stb. the only thing i said was it is a cheap shit stb. because i have used the vix image on every stb that i have ever had that vix was compatble with without any issues. thats why i said it was a cheap shit stb because i didnt have theese problems with the better stbs while using the vix image.
    And that attitude rite there is why no one wants to spend any time offering you assistance, and why I say you are the faulty link in this chain. so I will leave it there. I wont bother replying to this thread again.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have already done it now mate. i just flashed the new image and set up everything again.
    thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    there is an excellent pdf guide in downloads for pc,please download it and see the light

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...hing%20Guides/

and if flashing please check if bootloader needs updating first for new image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    And that attitude rite there is why no one wants to spend any time offering you assistance, and why I say you are the faulty link in this chain. so I will leave it there. I wont bother replying to this thread again.
    LOOOL What attitude? i was just explaining myself as you were making out asif i had done something wrong.i change the channel on the stb and it freezes. and you are trying to say thats got something to do with me LooL.

No matter what i say. your still going to find a negative thing to say

i wont bother replying ethier.

the problem is fixed now anyway.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it started crashing more than once.it was getting to the point that when ever i open the bouqeuts it was giveing me the spinning vix logo in the corner and frezing the stb. but it didnt happen straight away. i could change the channel a few times before it starts to happen.

Sorry but thats a total contradiction of what you originally posted and I quote.

so what is it ?, Does the receiver crash every day or not frequently ?, because you dont seem to be able to get your story strait.

Contrary to what you may think of me I am not trying to be a dick here, but you just breezing onto the forum making bold statements like this show me that you have no interest in seriously looking into why your receiver / image is unstable, if I am wrong I will happily help you find the cause, if however all you want to do is to gob off then you are more than welcome to go else where.
    Last edited by warajoker; 24-07-14 at 00:13.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12