Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which box to have for around £250

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would chose the Vu+ Solo2 over any Quad or Technomate. A great quality box, rolls royce's of boxes as opposed to the reliant robin boxes in technomate. No comparison.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm getting confused now, new nano faster but issues with drivers. Vu solo 2 no issues and still quite fast so a novice like me won't notice. Do vu boxes have YouTube plugins?

Title
    Thanks
    Trust me, the Solo2 is an excellent box, you will love it!! Yeah you can get all different plugins including the YouTube one. Take a look in the forums at the technomate section n nothing but issues with them. You won't go wrong with the Solo2 mate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Never trust technomate again after the tm 800 fiasco

technomate are great on support if you have hardware problems crap on supporting there boxes

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    What with Technomate history of driver issues??? Come on you gotta be kidding me!!

Different chipset and different drivers
    Nano² is rock solid and whoops the ass of my DUO²
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Different chipset and different drivers
    Nano² is rock solid and whoops the ass of my DUO²
    Still don't trust them lol. My Vu+ Solo2 rocks!!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    EPE depends on image.

Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra. You can set it up so that it will update channels and download EPG automatically.

WIth some boxes you can have PNP tuners for satellite TV - DVBS2, Terrestrial TV (Through your aerial) either T or T2 and cable. You will will be able to get all the channels being broadcaste on that platform. So in this example if you had one of all three tuners - you would get BBC1 3 times once on sat, terrestrial and cable.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    EPE depends on image.

Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra. You can set it up so that it will update channels and download EPG automatically.

WIth some boxes you can have PNP tuners for satellite TV - DVBS2, Terrestrial TV (Through your aerial) either T or T2 and cable. You will will be able to get all the channels being broadcaste on that platform. So in this example if you had one of all three tuners - you would get BBC1 3 times once on sat, terrestrial and cable.
    As for the TM / VU debate. I am firmly with the VU+ on this, I have had SOLO, DUO, SOLO2, DUO2 and all rock solid boxes and hardly any issues.

Betatester for TM2Twin and had the TM800, least said about that box the better.

The TM2T is a great box and from knowledge of TM support would not hesitate on recommending it.

I can't speak on the NANO V DUO2 as not got a nano but it would have to be a cracking box to beat the DUO2. AFAIk at the moment only thing better than the DUO2 is the xtrend ET8k and 10K

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Tm history doesn't sound too good. Wen u say wipes the floor does it have better picture or is it just quicker channel changes? With the vu will I get it with all the popular plugins if I ask wos nicely. Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide? Does the vix image have all channel set or will I have to do abm?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    Tm history doesn't sound too good.
    GB ain't too clever either, VU are VERY good but there is a bit of snobbery with most of their owners (everything else is inferior automatically)
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide?
    Can you please give up on the line talk. You won't get any help with that here. We will help you set up your local card but no LAN or WAN sharing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Tm history doesn't sound too good. Wen u say wipes the floor does it have better picture or is it just quicker channel changes? With the vu will I get it with all the popular plugins if I ask wos nicely. Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide? Does the vix image have all channel set or will I have to do abm?
    The sponsor will not set the image up for you, he will flash the image to make sure it boots and thats about it. you still have to do the basic setup and install your own plugins etc. also please be careful with regard to talk of lines, we do not and will not tolerate CS talk on this forum.

Thanks.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    You will find all the help needed for setting up the box, installing ABM (Channel listings) and CrossEPG (TV Guide) etc. You will be just fine. Also ask the site sponsor for a £5 off discount code and then just click on the purchase button next to the Solo2!! lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

icemen (01-06-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I agree, there is something rock solid, speedy and very classy about solo2, mine boots and flashes quicker than my duo2.

Title
    Thanks
    sorry guys about mentioning the wrong things.
    Stanman goes "Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra"
    But then Phoenix goes "The sponsor will not set the image up for you, he will flash the image to make sure it boots and that's about it"
    I think I'm deffo gonna go for the "VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver"
    Is the best image to go for the VIX then? I'm sure the guys will load the lattest and most stable?
    There is a lot of talk of Apollo, is this going to be the best? how long we got to wait for that?
    Shall I get the HDD aswell, coming in at a total of £349
    I'm sure i'll be back on ere asking questions once I've purchased. ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast