Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Technomate nano

Title
    Thanks

Technomate nano

Hi Peepz
    thinking of buying one of these boxes from WOS with the vix image. I got few questions before I purchase.
    Does the box come with autobouquets? or will I have to put this on myself? Can I get help on this forum to do that if I have to?
    Do these boxes have auto channel freq updates if they change? Again will I have to install this?
    Do they have 7 day EPG already installed or do I have to install that?
    Will I need a HDD installed for this to have the 7 day EPG and autobouquets?
    A mate of mines got one of these boxes with youtube on it? Does that come as standard or will I have to install it myself?

thankz
    ICe

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    Does the box come with autobouquets? or will I have to put this on myself? Can I get help on this forum to do that if I have to?
    That depends on the image you load to the receiver, for example ViX comes with it's own inbuilt plugin called AutoBouquetsMaker, this is similar to Autobouquets by Lraizer but has some extra features not found in Autobouquets.

Do these boxes have auto channel freq updates if they change? Again will I have to install this?
    Thats exactly what AutoBouquetsMaker is there for.

Again this depends on the image being used, in ViX we have CrossEPG installed which once setup works perfectly for sky uk (assuming thats what you want it for)

No a HDD is not required for these functions, but it's best to have one any way for recordings etc.

A mate of mines got one of these boxes with youtube on it? Does that come as standard or will I have to install it myself?
    Again image dependent, the 4D image has a illegally patched version of the Vu+ youtube plugin installed by default, you wont find this in the ViX image but you can install other external plugins for the same functionality.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

icemen (28-05-14),judge (27-05-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Hi Peepz
    thinking of buying one of these boxes from WOS with the vix image. I got few questions before I purchase.
    Depends on the image you choose to have installed on checkout.
    If you choose ViX, yes.
    Same as above, autobouquets (ABM for short) does that for you. So again depends on image used/selected.
    Again, same as above. Depends on image & again, default on ViX & also depending on EPG providers needed.
    It does require some set-up options, easy enough if you use the guides on http://openvix.co.uk
    Bouquets are saved on flash. EPG is better off on a HDD or USB.
    A large HDD would be preffered for recordings.
    Various youtube plugins, some work better than others.
    The current HbbTV plugins provide support a YouTubeTV plugin, not currently in the ViX plugin feeds for TM boxes though.
    Last edited by judge; 27-05-14 at 23:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

icemen (28-05-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    LOL...
    pheonix beat me with an almost word for word reply while I was typing...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    LOL...
    pheonix beat me with an almost word for word reply while I was typing...
    LOL Great minds.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (27-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    wicked thankz for all that, let me get this right, is there some sort of youtube plugin for vix image?
    if I buy from WOS will I get instructions on how to set up 7day EPG and the ABM?
    Also Just get one with a HDD so I can record
    Is there sub folders so I can split channels into films, sports, Asian etc....
    also Can I delete the adult channels from the autobouquets or password protect them on vix?
    Asuming I'm getting one with the vix image as it seems really good and good support on ere.
    thankz
    ice

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can find a full range of tutorials @ www.openvix.co.uk, ABM and CrossEPG are both covered there.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have a look in the tutorial sections on http://openvix.co.uk or use the search function, most if not all questions answered.
    Also, be aware that current ViX images haven't been released for TM boxes yet due to late testing of TM provided drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thankz judge, shall I hold out for a while until the new vix images are tested before I buy?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thankz judge, shall I hold out for a while until the new vix images are tested before I buy?
    I have one of these boxes as we speak and although i am running it on Helios atm with a few driver problems these boxes run amazingly on Zeus 23. Dont let the non release of Apollo and the bad drivers in Zeus hold you back. have a look in my signature at the guides i posted these should have you up and running in no time
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

barry2012 (01-06-14),icemen (28-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm getting confused now is Zeus 23 still a vix image? also what do you mean by apollo, what is this for?
    With a few driver errors, what sort of issues or problems are these driver errors causing?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I'm getting confused now is Zeus 23 still a vix image? also what do you mean by apollo, what is this for?
    With a few driver errors, what sort of issues or problems are these driver errors causing?
    Sorry mate, it does get a bit confusing!! there have been three different revisions of VIX lately Zeus, Helios & Apollo

Zeus is was last stable VIX image for TM boxes and the last build number was 23
    Helios has had driver problems for TM boxes due to bad driver from TM and its advised to stay using Zues as some of the issues can be a right PITA for a new user. last Helios build was 17
    Apollo is the latest release from VIX and inst available for TM boxes as of yet while the team test a new set of drivers from TM that should sort out the issues experienced in Helios (fingers crossed!!)

hope that helps

Title
    Thanks
    yes, thanks josh. Have you heard of the german image ATV or used it? IS that any good or worth considering? any driver issues with that one?
    on the other hand is there a better enigma 2 box I should consider?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I personally only use VIX and haven't dabbled with other images. its widely believed (at least here that is) that VIX is the best image for UK users and has the best EPG and comprehensive in built features.

TM hardware is really good for the price but often has driver issues that hold up new images and cause stability issues. if your looking at something in the similar price bracket look at the Octagon XP1000 with or with out LCD or Miraclebox Premium Mini HD.

I personally have invested in two TM boxes including the Nano and will continue on with TM and will be shortly purchasing my second nano to keep continuity

Title
    Thanks
    so tm are good boxes then, i'll stick with tm aswell then ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast