Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transcoding whats the story?

Title
    Thanks
    I can't see anything in the debug log myself. I can see the recording starting but don't really understand whats going on

Debug.zip

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Does transcoding the channel you're currently viewing work for you?

Title
    Thanks
    No I've already tried transcoding the same channel but I can stream the channel

Title
    Thanks
    Ok........now transcoding is working and with volume this time and I didn't change anything

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Tried on an iPad too, transcoding from GBQuad working fine on that too...
    I'm confused as regards the status of testing with the Quad / Quad plus on Apollo. @Sicilian replied to me earlier today on another thread strongly indicating that VIX image for Quad plus would not be released because 1) the LCD was not working and 2) transcoding was not working.
    Now I know the LCD works fine on my Quad plus in OpenRSI and slightly less well in OpenATV (some cutoff of image) and also ok in OpenMIPS, so I can't quite figure out why it doesn't work in VIX. Now you're saying that transcoding is working on the Quad in Apollo, @judge @Sicilian is the Boss, so I believed what he was saying, but maybe there has been some break-through?
    I'd really prefer to use a VIX image on my Quad plus as it's geared for the GB / Irish market, but I need to know if it's going to be available or not as otherwise I will spend time customising the OpenRSI image for SWMBO who's waiting impatiently for the combo DVB-T/S solution!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Now you're saying that transcoding is working on the Quad in Apollo, @judge @Sicilian is the Boss, so I believed what he was saying, but maybe there has been some break-through?
    Just because I have transcoding working on the GBQuad doesn't mean it's not flakey, as evident by the conversation above.

Title
    Thanks
    Calm down mate, I'm waiting on the image to be released too. I know it won't be released until its ready, which suits me as I don't want a buggy image, and theres no point asking because you'll never get a guaranteed date. Its ready when its ready.

Title
    Thanks
    Perfectly calm, pal Just hearing conflicting statements. The Boss (@Sicilian) posted a reply to me earlier stating - "At the current time the colour LCD is not working in ViX, therefore ViX image may not be released. Also their claim of transcoding is still not working. " So I took that to mean that there wouldn't be a VIX release for the Quad Plus - simples

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Perfectly calm, pal Just hearing conflicting statements. The Boss (@Sicilian) posted a reply to me earlier stating - "At the current time the colour LCD is not working in ViX, therefore ViX image may not be released. Also their claim of transcoding is still not working. " So I took that to mean that there wouldn't be a VIX release for the Quad Plus - simples
    until the problem with the LCD is resolved, there will be no ViX release, transcoding working or not is not a deal breaker.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also their claim of transcoding is still not working.
    All I can say is it's working perfectly fine for me, must have tried about 15-20 different transcoding streams this evening.
    We went through quite a few test builds before the Apollo release, maybe 'The Boss' last tried transcoding on one of those or maybe he's using different browsers/os/video app tham I'm using...
    Either way, I'm sure he'll test it agan now that atleast one of us can report it working.
    The more ViX & Quad users that test this (and report their results) the better as not many of the team have Quads to test on.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    the phantom recording is more than likely the transcoded stream.
    I'd just reboot both devices & try again.
    (Transcoded) streams are handled by the box the same way a recording is.

Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    I jumped the gun, no need for a reflash just switched off and on at the rocker.
    Please, never do that again, because that is asking for serious trouble. You should restart via the GUI. Worst case go to telnet and stop E2 ("init 4") and reboot the box ("init 6").

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm not totally sure what transcoding is but I've put my quadplus ip into chrome on the ipad and the webif has come up ,I've then clicked on HD bouquet and the little TV screen next to itv and the program has played with sound no problem.
    As for LCD the only problem is when plying back a recorded/streamed file nothing shows on it.Ive had the mini TV working on it (why)and also showing info/picons.This is on atv image/hdfreaks only.

Title
    Thanks
    All I can say is it's working perfectly fine for me, must have tried about 15-20 different transcoding streams this evening.
    We went through quite a few test builds before the Apollo release, maybe 'The Boss' last tried transcoding on one of those or maybe he's using different browsers/os/video app tham I'm using...
    Either way, I'm sure he'll test it agan now that atleast one of us can report it working.
    The more ViX & Quad users that test this (and report their results) the better as not many of the team have Quads to test on.
    Thanks for that, @judge. The only reason I raised a query was that there were mixed messages, so I wanted clarification. I've had my Quad Plus for almost two months now, so I'm keen to try a "localised" image. I would be really surprised if the LCD is going to be an issue as it works in all other images I've tried (albeit with varying degrees of implementation quality). To be honest, for me the LCD is a bit of a "gimmick", as it's pretty small at normal TV viewing distance

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Please, never do that again, because that is asking for serious trouble. You should restart via the GUI. Worst case go to telnet and stop E2 ("init 4") and reboot the box ("init 6").
    I couldn't get access to the box it had froze so I had no other option but thanks for the advise.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Apologies but asking, but is there a guide anywhere to setting up transcoding?. I'm using Apollo on my Quad, but I can't see any mention of transcoding in the menus.

GAH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast