Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a channel disappear and is there a recipe to get it back again?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    What do you think would happen if all (or at least very many) Sky subscriptions would be cancelled for the sole reason of the forbidden conditional sale? Pretty sure Mr. R. would feel that in his pocket.
    Thats precisely what i will be doing as soon as BT get their arses into gear and bring fiber into my village as rite now I have exactly two options. 1) sky uk, 2) free view and 2 is out of the question as i dont have a TV Ariel LOL.

After looking a little further into it, seems BT may be upgrading my exchange in as little as 6 to 8 weeks, if thats the case my £57 a month to Murdoch's monopoly will be promptly cancelled.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (26-05-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

After looking a little further into it, seems BT may be upgrading my exchange in as little as 6 to 8 weeks, if thats the case my £57 a month to Murdoch's monopoly will be promptly cancelled.
    Exactly what everyone should be doing..

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    If only mate, the only way greedy people like MR Murdock will ever listen is when it hits their wallets, and as you said earlier, it's not like we the British people will actually fight for our rites any time soon now is it ?.

We should do what the french do every time they have the hump at something, close the ports and chunnel down for a day or two, see how long it takes Mr Cameron and his lackies to do something about this monopoly they allow Murdock to have then !!.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (26-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I personally don't care about Murdoch lining his pockets.

He offers the best Subscription service in the UK. It's not the users or average people who are to blame its the competition or lack of it.
    He charges a fair price. I was once self employed and to me a fair price was one that people complained about paying but still paid. in other words it's the maximum you can charge without losing customers, or the number of customers lost is offset by the higher charge.
    This is just simple business economics and nothing more. Yes it may not seem fair but then neither is life.

I'm all good to go back my Digitalb subscription I had a few years back, and move away from Sky but there has to be a better offer then there currently is.

And by the way to the person who asked Premiership Football and F1 with English commentary can be found in multiple places throughout Europe at least it was last time I checked
    Last edited by zoro25; 26-05-14 at 19:08.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    My exchange has already been upgraded just waiting for bt to get there fingers out there ass and switch my village on, I keep checking the fiber checker daily as soon as it says taking orders bye bye sky and hello BT infinity 2

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    My exchange has already been upgraded just waiting for bt to get there fingers out there ass and switch my village on, I keep checking the fiber checker daily as soon as it says taking orders bye bye sky and hello BT infinity 2

Don't hold your breath, my exchange was upgraded a year ago and still not installed to box junctions yet.

Not sure about you but my village has phone lines over the telegraph poles, so I'm doubting if it's financially viable in the short term for them to move beyond the exchange.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    Don't hold your breath, my exchange was upgraded a year ago and still not installed to box junctions yet.

Not sure about you but my village has phone lines over the telegraph poles, so I'm doubting if it's financially viable in the short term for them to move beyond the exchange.
    We have our street cabinets upgraded too, but yeah I'm not getting my hopes up as it says on BT site available by may-june. Where as it did say available by end of April once, then before that it said available by the end of Feb...
    Wish they would get there fingers out there ass and sort out what ever is holding things back.

Title
    Thanks
    If you have the street cabinets then it won't be long, I'm still waiting for those to be installed, like I say it's been a year.

good luck for yours.

Title
    Thanks
    Call BT. I was waiting on infinity for ages and they kept putting the date back online. I was that pissed off by this I phoned them up to see why it had been put back by 3 months, I had it installed within two weeks The lady told me not to rely on the online checker so its worth a try calling them!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    Call BT. I was waiting on infinity for ages and they kept putting the date back online. I was that pissed off by this I phoned them up to see why it had been put back by 3 months, I had it installed within two weeks The lady told me not to rely on the online checker so its worth a try calling them!
    Hmm might give them a call again it's been 2 month since my last call, they just told me shouldn't b long... And to keep checking online

Best of it is my mate just lives round the corner and he has had it since Feb!!! Bt told me he was connected to a different cabinet and that I had to just be patient.

Patient yea right when my broadband is not even capable of streaming short you tube clips without buffering every 5 seconds lol.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    I personally don't care about Murdoch lining his pockets.

He offers the best Subscription service in the UK. It's not the users or average people who are to blame its the competition or lack of it.
    He charges a fair price. I was once self employed and to me a fair price was one that people complained about paying but still paid. in other words it's the maximum you can charge without losing customers, or the number of customers lost is offset by the higher charge.
    This is just simple business economics and nothing more. Yes it may not seem fair but then neither is life.

I'm all good to go back my Digitalb subscription I had a few years back, and move away from Sky but there has to be a better offer then there currently is.

And by the way to the person who asked Premiership Football and F1 with English commentary can be found in multiple places throughout Europe at least it was last time I checked
    My gripe has bugger all to do with his pricing, I will happily continue pay what I do now, but I wont be forced to use one of his god awful receivers. All I want is to be able to use my legally paid for subscription card in a thirdparty receiver of my choice, if that is no longer going to be possible I will be cancelling my full subscription as soon as it is convenient for me to do so. Bear in mind that i have had sky TV in my house since 1989 so he has lost a life long sky user here.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (28-05-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Thats precisely what i will be doing as soon as BT get their arses into gear and bring fiber into my village as rite now I have exactly two options. 1) sky uk, 2) free view and 2 is out of the question as i dont have a TV Ariel LOL.
    and 3) FreeSat.

BTW: a DVB-T aerial can't be a real issue?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    My gripe has bugger all to do with his pricing, I will happily continue pay what I do now, but I wont be forced to use one of his god awful receivers. All I want is to be able to use my legally paid for subscription card in a thirdparty receiver of my choice, if that is no longer going to be possible I will be cancelling my full subscription as soon as it is convenient for me to do so. Bear in mind that i have had sky TV in my house since 1989 so he has lost a life long sky user here.
    Precisely.

Sadly though I believe we (non-$ky-box-users) are actually going against the T&Cs of having a $ky subscription. I read on a.n.other foum that we are obliged to use their hardware, hidden away in the tiny print. Wonder if OScam or CCCAM will ever support the encryption being rolled out on $ky HD channels, or whether the new system is tied into using a "genuine" $sky receiver?

Title
    Thanks
    Are they getting rid of SD channels?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib khaliq View Post
    Are they getting rid of SD channels?
    No one knows for sure.. Its too early to say.. All sorts of scare stories going around at the moment..

Some saying that we will have all channels black by New year.. Some also saying that the SD will be here for the foreseeable future..

Its take your pick on what you want to believe..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12