Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost all Epg date aside from FTA tonight ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Phoenix

Really appreciate your support here as this is driving me nuts.

EPG setting as follows.

I have autobouquets & cross epg plugins installed.
    Go to setup > system > EPG > cross epg > open tv providers > 28.2 & 28.4 enabled.
    Download now.

Epg location USB. Also just tried HDD and the result is the same.

Up until now this has been sufficient to clear frequency / channel changes adequately.

I have tried autobouquets maker with the same negative result too and vhannibals also.

All as per your procedure - just checked it.

Kind regards

Rake
    Last edited by rake; 24-05-14 at 23:35.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have you updated to a current image yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

rake (24-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    No judge I have not as I don't believe that it's the fix.
    What happened between yesterday and the day before that
    Would affect this issue ?

As stated previously the epg comes direct so why would the image version affect it ?

Sorry if I am being OCD about this but I have a nee to understand things like this.

I can't say who I work for but I do unix and sw support for a living hence my persistence. I often have to restore corrupt db's and perform RCA so this is kind of a personal RCA of sorts.

Thank you

Rake

I am considering factory reset and reload of this image next

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    As I said above, old image = old lamedb/satellites.xml file.
    As you "do unix and sw support for a living" surely you can see the use of using current/updated images?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Was this a typo in forum or on receiver?

Code:
    rm rpg.dat

Title
    Thanks
    Forum

rm -rf crossepg
    Rm epg.dat

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You only have the one location for epg?

Title
    Thanks
    Judge thank you but I fixed it despite the image version. So despite your learned comments you were wrong. But thanks for trying to help.

I do see the relevance of upgrades but not in this case .. as I said, I wanted to know what went wrong and now I do. RCA (root cause analysis) complete.

My epg is now fully populated thanks to Phoenix and Abu and nothing to do with image version as I suspected.

Phoenix - you're a star. Problem was in autobouquets config. Renewed the config as per the tut and epg is restored - thanks for giving me the idea and genuine help. Credit to the forum and genuine relevant advice given.

Fix - menu > settings -> service searching > ABM > mode = expert > scheduled scan = yes > providers sky uk area x > save > start scan. Exit

Settings > system > epg > crossEPG > download now.

Hope this thread will be of use to others.
    Last edited by rake; 25-05-14 at 00:53.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rake View Post
    Go to setup > system > EPG > cross epg > open tv providers > 28.2 & 28.4 enabled.
    Download now.

only select 28.2 not both.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rake View Post
    Judge thank you but I fixed it despite the image version. So despite your learned comments you were wrong. But thanks for trying to help.
    Please dont dismiss Judge's help or consider it any thing but a honest attempt to help you. we are a small group of amateurs who all work from our spare time to provide help and support for ViX, as a small team we find it best to concentrate all our efforts on the image revisions we our selves are using, The last time any of us used ViX 3.0 was some seven months ago and there have been three image revisions since ViX 3.0 was closed down, plus the version of CrossEPG you are currently using is also outdated.

I am pleased you managed to resolve you'r issues but I still would recommend that you update you'r system to a newer image as time goes on we wont be able to provide as much help for these older images as we would otherwise like to.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I have no idea why you would want to stay on an old image like that. Be aware that, apart from other updates, ABM & Cross have been overhauled since then.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I have no idea why you would want to stay on an old image like that. Be aware that, apart from other updates, ABM & Cross have been overhauled since then.
    A very valid point yes, ABM has been massively overhauled and now includes options for DVB-C (cable), DVB-T (terrestrial), CrossEPG too has been massively overhauled in later images.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies chaps, I was over zealous in my response to judge - sorry chap it was just the little dig you had about my unix support that fired me up. I do honestly appreciate your help and hope there are no hard feelings. I had had a bit of wine last night too.

Regarding the image - I take your points of course but the object was to correct an error that I had a gut feeling was not related or at least restricted to the image. I do in earnest thank you all.

I will of course now consider an upgrade.

Thanks again
    Rake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12