Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AutoBouquetmaker does not update and I am losing channels

Title
    Thanks

AutoBouquetmaker does not update and I am losing channels

Hi all,

I've just discovered in the last 2/3 weeks that slowly a few of my HD channels are no longer being tuned (started with Living HD and now covers Sky 1 HD and Atlantic HD amongst others).

When I try and do a manual update of ABM I note it doesn't even appear to connect the server. It flashes briefly and then I get the countdown for the ABM restart (or rather restarting the various services that need to be updated).

In reality it's just not connecting to the services to be updated (Internet connection is fine - i can get to the box from outside, and CrossEPG is updating fine) - or it connects and finds no updates (it flashes so quick that I can't see what is happening).

My box is the VU+ Solo2 and am currently running Zeus 023 firmware which I know is now defunct but could that have a bearing on updating ABM? Any help or suggestions is appreciated as I am slowly losing all my channels!

Thanks in advance,

Fuzzmo

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    ABM does not connect to a server and it does not need a internet connection to work as it gets it's data directly from the same data feeds sky does via you'r dish, as for the channels you list, they are black as a result of a new encryption method being rolled out by sky uk which will eventually result in the total loss of all paid tv channels in third party receivers.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah ok - I've totally misunderstood what ABM does - thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    ABM automates the creation and maintenance of you'r bouquet or channel list in line with the official providers own numbering system. It wont allow you to decode encrypted channels without a legal subscription, and the recent changes are affecting every thing bar a official receiver from sky.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    ABM automates the creation and maintenance of you'r bouquet or channel list in line with the official providers own numbering system. It wont allow you to decode encrypted channels without a legal subscription, and the recent changes are affecting every thing bar a official receiver from sky.
    Hi mate,

So I imagine it will be a whole before the new encrypted channels will be 'decrypted'. If there is a way to get the channels up and running how is this possible?

Thanks in advanced