Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is there a program for windows for the Open Webif?

Title
    Thanks

Is there a program for windows for the Open Webif?

Hi, I just recently put OpenVix on my brand new Technomate TM-2T and apart from the random crashes and the menus not loading after the reboot its working great!

Just a quick question - does anyone know of a program that can stream the channels or recordings like open webif does, with a good GUI? Or even any IOS apps that can also do this?

Thanks.

PS sorry if this is in the wrong section - still learning!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    VLC on your PC is probably the best IMO.
    Also, if you are getting crashes using ViX, crash logs are being generated in /home/root/logs/ by default, please upload them here.
    We're aware of the non working menus after an E2 restart & currently testing new drivers with a fix for this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

harsh111 (17-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I see... Would that mean just getting the link through something like chrome and opening the m3u file with VLC? That's what I do atm, but I was hoping that I could use something like an addon on XBMC to just open the browse through the channels and open the m3u for me.

With regards to the crashes, I think most of them were because of lack of space - I'll see if I still get a lot of crashes after I install a HDD.

Thanks for your quick reply!

EDIT: I think there is a way for the XBMC - I'll play around with it and see
    Last edited by harsh111; 17-05-14 at 23:04.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Maybe a plugin like TunerServer would suit you so?
    It creates a folder with m3u files for all channels. You could then browse that & pick the one you want.
    I think XMBC has it's own addons for streaming from E2 boxes though. Don't use it myself so can't be 100% sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

harsh111 (17-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I'll look into them - for now I just created a network location and that seems to work