Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Faulty box returned and still not working

Title
    Thanks

Faulty box returned and still not working

Hi, my tm-2t died around a month ago. All that would happen when I turned it on was the green circle on the front would flash and beep and nothing else. I sent it back and it was returned to me on Friday. Ive plugged it in today and all starts up fine but now it wont detect any signal from the dish. Ive purchased vu duo while I was waiting for the tm-2t to be fixed and its working perfectly so I know theres no issue with the signal. The only thing that's different on tm-2t is a different vix image but im sure they wouldn't put that on unless it was working ok. Any ideas on what I could try would be great. Thanks Alf

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Returned by whom mate?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Returned by whom mate?
    I sent it back to world of satellite as was still under warranty and they said it had been fixed by technomate and one of the boards replaced. Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    If it had been fixed by Technomate the sponsor would have just flashed the image to it, he would not have any need to look any further than that before shipping it back to you. This looks like a cock up by the repair department at Technomate HQ.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Yea im guessing they replaced one faulty board with another faultly one. It cost me £15.65 to send it back to world of satellite so not happy if I have to pay to post it back again as its still not been fixed. Do you think its worth trying to install an older vix image or no point as looks like a hardware issue? Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alfcapone View Post
    Yea im guessing they replaced one faulty board with another faultly one. It cost me £15.65 to send it back to world of satellite so not happy if I have to pay to post it back again as its still not been fixed. Do you think its worth trying to install an older vix image or no point as looks like a hardware issue? Thanks
    It's certainly not going to hurt any thing to try, but you will need to flash a older bootloader if you go to a image older than either OpenViX Helios or OpenViX Zeus.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ok thanks for the advise. The image that was on the box originally was openvix 3.0.808 so what bootloader would I need to install that one back on it? Nice one for the fast replies

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would not go that far back as there are no feeds for that image series any more. Try flashing the latest bootloader for your receiver from www.openvix.co.uk then flash the latest version of Helios again to see if it makes a difference.

SIMPLES.