Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like CS is being attacked by Sky

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    If sky have come up with a way of stopping the hd channels to non sky receivers why don't they just go for gold and stop all hd instead of just 5??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Testing maybe?
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    ^^^^^ I expect that "watch and wait" may apply. Regards.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Just be thankful they didnt do the same here that they did in Australia, their screens have been totally black for well over a year.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

stick50jr (30-04-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    my guess would be because they are still testing the method over here, apply it to just a few channels and see if/how many subscribers with official boxes complain they are missing channels, if they did it to all channels and it did affect 'normal' subscribers they would be inundated
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok then, why 5 if testing you only need 1.

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    5 very popular day time tv channels, after all you dont sit all day long on movies and sports channels, but some people have for example History HD on all day long.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have to disagree, obviously people do watch these channels, but it seems that sky are still running scared, because they make their quorn through the sports and movies and nothing else. By choosing these lesser channels it seems to be a kop out to me.

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    5 very popular day time tv channels, after all you dont sit all day long on movies and sports channels, but some people have for example History HD on all day long.
    I repear, exactly the same walkthrough than sky italy, they started from nat geo hd and discovery hd and in 2 weeks they closed all ciname hd and in about one.month no more light on any hd channel. This happens on last november and on december they finished. It is collected to the new orginal stb firmware and for you could be interesting uf someone can take the over the air upgrade....if it is possible....

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to margy82 For This Useful Post:

Clabs (25-04-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomthebomb1968 View Post
    Not talking about CS in this thread, talking about getting official paid for subscription cards to work in Non Sky hardware. All perfectly legal,
    I started the thread and am fully aware of the content contained within this thread!!
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Were all doomed and its all Pheonix's fault

On the serious side Sky UK did actually produce an NDS cam, unfortunately it was just the one and to be honest even if it was available it probably wouldn't work with the new software update. As luck would have it i found a Pace Sky HD box in the skip at work and it works fine, so even if i do accept Skys really generous offer of 25% off (I know its laughable that they think its a good offer)I won't have to have one of their monkeys grace my doorstep when they insist that i replace my old Thomson SD Sky+ box.

Unfortunately i like things done correctly so that pretty much rules out 99% of the so called engineers that work for Sky
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (25-04-14),Mr. Mister (30-04-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    I started the thread and am fully aware of the content contained within this thread!!
    So you did. Could you tell me which posts are are talking openly about cs of UK satellite as I can't find any. Most are wondering how to get their "legitimate" subscription card to work in non sky boxes. As at least one mod is participating in the thread and if what you where saying was true then I don't think the thread would still be live.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Nothing wrong with the thread so far. Lets keep it that way or it will be shut.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't want to encourage the "I only watch BBC 2 brigade" but how many "CS People" would have noticed that these channels even existed had they not read it. People should phone *** and say that they are Mr ANGRY, tell *** that they are going to cancel their sub and SLAM the phone down

Title
    Thanks
    Until now, everyone in UK had to choose their haircuts. But now, all male undergraduates(who bought Linux STB) in the hermit kingdom will be required to sport the same hairstyle as supreme leader of SLY UK.
    Talking about democracy
    GigaBlue HD800UE OPENVIX HELIOS
    Xpeed LX2 HDF

Title
    Thanks
    I didn't think it was an ecm encryption change but the HD channel broadcast with the new H.265

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast