Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCCAm Boxkey Help

Title
    Thanks

CCCAm Boxkey Help

Hi all,

1st post - and it's for help
    Been reading the forums for a while and thought i could do it all myself, but obviously not...

Today, i received a vu+ solo 2 from WOS, i updated the most recent Vix Helios image onto it as well, i have all the freesat channels...
    I personally already have sky hd with movies, sports etc...now i'm trying to view sky on the vu+ but although i've used the auto boquet updater and have all the channels and picons in place, i get no reception from the channels.

I followed the guide by Josh G, and did exactly what he said regarding CCcams. I've inserted my Sky viewing card in as well. By googling i see it may be something to do with needing a boxkey code, can anyone give any guidance on this? I've tried googling cccam boxkey tutorial but either get nothing or 2011 posts - thanks in advance!

A

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Nothing has changed since then on adding a boxkey. There is a chance your sub is now paired to your SKY box though.

Have a look at this thread for how to get the boxkey & let us know if it works...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi there you may be out of luck even with a box key as sky has updated there encryption and if the card has been updated via the sky box as it may not work , I may be corrected on this
    Vu + Duo , 1.5tb hard drive installed , 1.2 channel master dish , 1224 jagger motor , alsat g box , quad lmb prime focus , diablo cam 2.3 , diablo wi-fi cam, te-rex cam, dragon cam, cas 3 , technomate 6900 super stb , manhattan stb

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info - i've had a look at the boxkey thing, the missus has made me put sky back in for the moment, she was getting annoyed with wathing nothing so will get the file prepared tonight and try it out as soon as i can...
    Cwebb66 - how long has this issue gone on for, and any ideas about a potential workaround...

Title
    Thanks
    ok - tried the linked guide - thanks judge, it never recognised my new CCcam.cfg file, could this be because i've already installed it as josh g's guide where i had installed it with no code? Should i delete the previous install maybe? If so, what's the easiest way? Thanks in advance

I FTP'd it across - but after going thru setup/softcams it never recognised the new file and still showed softcams.2.3.0 original install
    Last edited by alimac2411; 23-04-14 at 23:52. Reason: more info

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Easiest way IMO would be use a current Helios image, install the cam you want from the plugin feeds & then create your config files & upload them to the box.
    Blue button -> Softcam Manager -> blue button, to enable required softcam on start-up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks judge - i tried that, but when i press blue button / softcam manager / blue button option is to disable statrup as i've already installed cccam.2.3.0 previously but without the specific boxkey code so is there an easy way to delete my previous install?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just overwrite your /etc/CCcam.cfg file so, restart E2 & the new config file will be used.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    i tried that but no difference - thanks for the help all the same - what's the best way to just reset the box again and start installing from scratch? Does reflashing the original image do the job?

(It's as if when i add the new file, it doesn't acknowledge the new file with code compared to the original file CCcam.cfg with no code
    Last edited by alimac2411; 24-04-14 at 00:31.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Reflash current image from http://openvix.co.uk or your preffered image server.
    Maybe try OSCam as your cam, nobody but you can tell if your card has been paired to your sky box.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks judge - don't know anything about oscam, just briefly would i have the same issues with oscam should my card be paired to my sky box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes, if the card has been paired to your SKY box, I don't think there's currently any way of using it in another box.
    OSCam config files are a bit more complicated than CCcam config files, but it's updated daily, so more chance your card will work with it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot mate - i really appreciate the help...

Title
    Thanks
    Reflashed and still no joy - will give oscam a shot tomorrow - or will start googling it tomorrow anyway!

Title
    Thanks
    Have a look at my post here for OSCAM setup guide...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ighlight=Oscam

If the IP address of your box is not in the 192.168.0.x range then you'll need to modify the httpallowed line in the oscam.conf file accordingly.

Also, if using Windows to create the config files don't use notepad as this doesn't format the file correctly. I use notepad++ which is a free download.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to chaser For This Useful Post:

alimac2411 (24-04-14)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast