Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: ABM DVB-T support

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ABM DVB-T support

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micscave View Post
    Andy
    This is still not working for me, I'm still getting "timeout for tuner lock" after ABM scans. The area is set to Sutton Coldfield. I have the area in tuner settings set to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T as Sutton Coldfield isn't listed.
    btw that setting has nothing to with ABM, you need to set your transmitter in ABM (FreeView)
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-34.log
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    hmmm looking for info like this

Code:
    bandwidth: 8000000
    code_rate_lp: 5
    code_rate_hp: 1
    constellation: 2
    transmission_mode: 1
    guard_interval: 0
    hierarchy_information: 0
    inversion: 0
    system: 0
    frequency: 529999998

are you sure you tune to BBC1 using DVB-T tuner ?
    Yes I'm sure, does it make a difference that I'm using USB tuner rather than a built in one?

Also there is no option to scan Sutton Coldfield in the tuner setup menu so I set it to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T, does that make a difference?

I've got it on DVB-T BBC1 right now and I'll do another ABM scan and upload the debug log again.

Edit: debug log added.

Last edited by micscave; 26-04-14 at 12:39.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Yes I'm sure, does it make a difference that I'm using USB tuner rather than a built in one?

Also there is no option to scan Sutton Coldfield in the tuner setup menu so I set it to Europe, Middle East, Africa DVB-T, does that make a difference?

I've got it on DVB-T BBC1 right now and I'll do another ABM scan and upload the debug log again.

Edit: debug log added.

thats better, please try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thats better, please try this.
    Hi Andy
    I tried this & whilst I didn't get "timeout for tuner lock" I did get a message after the scan "cannot read data".

Debug log attached:

Enigma2-26-04-2014_13-23-08.log

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Andy
    Just tried again and the debug log has more info I think, please see attached.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micscave For This Useful Post:

andyblac (26-04-14)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Andy
    Just tried again and the debug log has more info I think, please see attached.

did you say your using USB stick, is it DVB-T or T2 ? i only have T2 stick
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's DVB-T / Hauppage Nova-T Stick.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    did you say your using USB stick, is it DVB-T or T2 ? i only have T2 stick
    It's DVB-T / Hauppage Nova-T Stick. Does this mean it won't work for me?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Andy, this is more of a theoretical question rather than any specific issue as I can't yet test a VIX image due to me having one of these new GB Quad Plus boxes! I am using the OpenMIPS image and downloaded the 26/04/2014 version which included the Freeview DVB-T ABM provider. It's of no specific use to me as I can't receive Freeview reliably from my location in Co. Wicklow in Ireland. However, I have offered my assistance in testing a Saorview version should one become available. My question concerns how you select the appropriate multiplexes to form the Freeview bouquets. I can see from the Freeview xml file in the providers folder of ABM that you have a list of the primary transmitters and their associated frequencies. There seems to be one entry per transmitter and I assume this is probably the multiplex which carries the BBC1 service? I'm further assuming that once the user selects the local transmitter from the list you tune to that frequency and attempt to read the PAT, NIT etc to obtain the SIDs for the carried services on that multiplex. There would also be further NIT entries for other multiplexes, together with a list of their frequencies - am I still on track here? What I'm wondering is how you code into ABM the necessary logic to select the appropriate frequencies for the other multiplexes? There could be 8 or 9 or more multiplexes to tune in order to receive the full range of channels. Unless you know the frequency of every multiplex and how well it is received at the user's location it is difficult to select the most appropriate one. Are the Freeview PATs and NITs coded in such a way that you can select the frequencies with a fair degree of success? Or do you have a mega table within the ABM application which does this? I'd be interested to know.
    The reason I ask is that from my analysis of my local Saorview multiplexes (there are only two to scan to receive all channels) I can see a list of frequencies in the NIT PID (Other Network) which covers most of the other main transmitters in the Saorview network, but 1) doesn't indicate which servies are available on which frequency and 2) omits the frequency of the second multiplex in my locality! It would be impossible to work out programatically what the second multiplex frequency would be. The only way to do this would be to have a table of frequencies somewhere. I don't see those extra frequencies in your Frevview xml file. So the question is - how is it done, please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I still can't get this to work, I still get "timeout for tuner lock error" when I scan.
    Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

As said above, I'm using DVB-T / Hauppauge Nova-T Stick.
    Vu+ Ultimo / Apollo / 001

Many thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are you sure your stick is FULLY supported, I have a hauppauge nova-t stick and the model number I have is only supported under certain revisions, the problem you are describing matches my problem of trying to get my stick to work under many Linux based program's over the years, I always found it would install because it was seemingly the correct model, but it would never scan because it was a wierd revision.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes it is supported, it does scan all the channels, it's just that ABM fails to create the Freeview part of the bouquet

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes it is supported, it does scan all the channels, it's just that ABM fails to create the Freeview part of the bouquet
    tune to BBC 1 and post your e2 debug log with the area name in the provider your using.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Andy
    Here you go, I'm using Sutton Coldfield. I have 2 logs both attached.

Enigma2-30-05-2014_10-19-51.log

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Andy
    Here you go, I'm using Sutton Coldfield. I have 2 logs both attached.

Enigma2-30-05-2014_10-19-51.log
    ok please try this updated provider.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast