Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 23076 Hauppauge PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) DVB-T2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks

23076 Hauppauge PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) DVB-T2 Receiver

I have been slowly getting to grips with the duo2, fantastic piece of kit imho. I am still waiting for a replacement twin tuner from WoS, as the one that was fitted was faulty. Whilst I am waiting, I thought I'd install the "23076 Hauppauge PCTV NanoStick T2 (290e) DVB-T2 Receiver" which I had bought a few weeks ago off eBay. I thought it was simply a case of plugging in the tuner in one of the usb ports, installing the driver (dvb-usb-em28xx 1.0-r13) from the install plugins menu, and rebooting. The tuner should then be visible in Menu/Setup/Service searching/Tuner configuration. Except it isn't there.

I've tried rebooting a few times but it never picks the tuner up. I've tried with no other usb devices plugged in. I even tried it after flashing a fresh image. I Am I doing something wrong? That tuner does work with the duo2, doesn't it, and I am using the correct driver? I don't need to install anything else or mount it first, do I? The tuner works fine in my laptop. Bit confused here to be honest, not for the first time!

Thanks very much in advance.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The driver I use with my nano stick is the one with "700" in the title. I'm not by my box right now so can't say exact name. I installed first time on my Ultimo since the move to Helios & it worked first time. Give that driver a go. You must restart your machine did you do that on your first go?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello micscave, thanks for replying. Yeah, I rebooted several times. I put it in deep standby a couple of times, too. I tried the driver with '700' in the title, still nothing. I tried with and without my 4Gb stick with picons and epg on plugged in. I put the em28xx driver back in and tried all over again. The box never recognises the nanostick, whatever I do.

Does the nanostick need an aerial plugged in for it to be detected? I have a mast-head amplifier and the first time I tried it, the amplifier psu was switched off so there wouldn't have anything coming from the aerial. I've had it switched on since then though.

I don't see that anyone else has had this problem, so I just don't get it.

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm not sure re the aerial being plugged in, mine was when I installed it last night. Try uninstalling both drivers, reboot and then with your nanostick plugged in & with the aerial also plugged in download the driver again. My Nano stick is a different model to yours so I'm not sure which driver you should be using. The first one you tried was probably the right one. Once installed and rebooted again, it should be in the list of tuners and enabled.

Title
    Thanks
    I tried everything you suggested and still nothing. I think you might have a point about the different model number though. Maybe the version I have simply doesn't work in a duo2. So, unless someone can tell me that their nanostick (same version as mine) definitely works, then I can't think of anything else it could be. I might flash a different image tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.
    Thanks for your help mate
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 20-04-14 at 18:45.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Fuzzy, try posting in the image support thread, might get seen by more folks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to micscave For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (21-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Are you sure that your stick is the 290e and not the new stick 292e. They look the same, but it is not supported yet.

you can take a look here:
    http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/04/nak...tick-292e.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to baaaah78 For This Useful Post:

Fuzzy (21-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by baaaah78 View Post
    Hi,

Are you sure that your stick is the 290e and not the new stick 292e. They look the same, but it is not supported yet.

you can take a look here:
    http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/04/nak...tick-292e.html
    We have a winner! There isn't any number on the stick itself but I dug out the box it came in, and it is indeed a 292e. The eBay listing said it was a 290e so I just assumed that's what I'd got - doh! It's actually a 'triplestick', not a 'nanostick'.

I thought I was going mad, so thanks micscave and baaaah78 for pointing me in the right direction. I must try to be more observant (especially when buying off eBay) in the future.

I'll go and check out the image support thread as micscave suggested. Hopefully the triplestick will be supported soon, especially seeing as the nanostick seems to be being phased out.

Thanks very much guys

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If it was listed as a 290E you should raise a dispute irrespective of what the small print says.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, I might contact the seller, see if he could swap it for a nanosick. I could open a dispute if he won't play ball. I'll post in the image support section first though, see if there will be a driver for the triplestick any time soon.