Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Interstar LX3

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    @ Rassi, sit around 3 meters away, not had any issues. Found it comparable to VU+ Ultimo and Duo2 in remote response and they are both very directional.

@ MPele, not had any timeshift issues here, I've got Timeshift enabled.

New drivers due in next few days fixing OSD position setup, currently being tested by manufacturer. For the time being best to turn off overscan on TV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MPele View Post
    I have only one tuner using Thor. .
    logical error, you are looking for, only one tuner.....

1 which envisions.
    2 timer recording
    3 timeshift
    Last edited by norhap; 11-06-14 at 23:24.

Title
    Thanks
    I have ordered this box, looking forward to receiving it to replace my Vu+ Duo. The "HDMI IN" looks interesting, does this mean I could connect my Apple TV directly into the receiver and not have to change channel to AirPlay etc?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just received my LX3 very nice fitted a 1TB HHD in it easy peasy now just scanning the cable channels then I will do the sat ones
    I was wondering if I could loop through from one of the LX's tuners to feed my Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    if you can loop perfectly lx3 port below (loop)-> solo2

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers mate I will try that

should I do a Loop from Tuner A to B on the LX3 then use the loop through from tuner B to feed the Solo2
    I have never used a loop through option before so still learning lol
    Last edited by nsw9154; 12-06-14 at 12:58.

Title
    Thanks
    How does it feel speed wise compared to your solo2?

You need to loop from just one of the tuners (pick a or b), don't link tuner a and b together. So loop from A goes into A on the solo2
    Last edited by brownvim; 12-06-14 at 18:51.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brownvim View Post
    How does it feel speed wise compared to your solo2?

You need to loop from just one of the tuners (pick a or b), don't link tuner a and b together. So loop from A goes into A on the solo2
    Hello brownvim it feels about the same it's a very nice receiver but I have not had much time to check it out as it's my Grandson's Birthday and he has kept me busy
    I am just about to try looping it from A to A I tried with the loop cable A/B connected and only got 300 channels on the Solo2 scanning now and already got 700+ at 70% so it looks like i have connected it correctly thanks for the advice

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I have had mixed results with the loop through I even did a few Scans and got 960 channels all working except certain HD ones
    but sometimes if I change the channel on the LX3 the Solo2 locks up, I presume that it is to do with the transponder that the looped channel is on
    and one thing that I have noticed is that Tuner 3 DVB-S gets extremely hot and it is not connected to anything yet
    tuner 4 DVB-C/T2 is warm with Cable feed connected but I think that is more to do with the heat being produced by tuner 3
    Both tuners 1&2 are normal I think that I will remove tuner 3 for the time being and see about fitting an Extra Fan near to the Tuners to keep them cool
    I remember reading some ware about certain tuners getting hot,but not sure if it was on this site I will do a search later
    But apart from the tuner getting hot I am very pleased with the LX3 it's a nice Receiver on par with and probably Better than my Solo2
    and I can imagine it taking a lot of sales away from the Duo2 & Gigablue Quad Plus, I am even getting used to the Remote probably to do with it being more responsive with the Superior processor on the LX3 compared to the Miraclebox, seeing as they are Exactly the same Remote as the one for the MBP operated the LX3 perfectly, one final point any body who orders one don't expect to receive the so called free 2 pin to 3 pin adapter plug I never received one with either the Miraclebox or the LX3, good job I had a few spare Power leads that fit them from a couple of OLD Starview cable boxes
    Last edited by nsw9154; 13-06-14 at 04:29.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    one final point any body who orders one don't expect to receive the so called free 2 pin to 3 pin adapter plug I never received one with either the Miraclebox or the LX3
    We wrap the 2pin to 3pin plug in cardboard and place in the main carton, please double check that you never threw it away as packaging.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (13-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Your saying changing channel on your LX3 locks up the solo2, I thought loop only works with the receiver off.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    If using loopthru, receiver connected to loopthru will not be able to view all transponders if main receiver is not in standby.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    We wrap the 2pin to 3pin plug in cardboard and place in the main carton, please double check that you never threw it away as packaging.
    Exactly where mine was
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    My Sincerest Apologies they where wrapped up in cardboard I thought it was just Extra packaging in the outer Box

really sorry about that I should have checked all the packaging
    Last edited by nsw9154; 13-06-14 at 13:42.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    If using loopthru, receiver connected to loopthru will not be able to view all transponders if main receiver is not in standby.
    I Realise that now Sicilian I thought that I could connect the 2 sat feeds to the LX3 and still get all the Channels on the Solo2 if I looped to it
    Looks like I will have to get the ladders out and run a couple of extra leads tomorrow as I will not trust my luck on a Friday the 13th

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast