Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Quad tuner config with both a single cable motorised lnb feed & fixed quad feed's

Title
    Thanks

Quad tuner config with both a single cable motorised lnb feed & fixed quad feed's

hi all, and thanks for all the help on this board in getting me up and running, advise and tips
    Now time has come to sort how to and which way best to run tuner set up on quad tuner duo 2 running zeus and ccam 2.30?
    Currently have single motorised cable from lnb into duo 2 and two from sky dish and wonder based on what i've read on here whether to have another feed run from the sky dish to the 4th tuner or another from the motorised dish?
    I mean is there even much bother with all the foreign satellites anymore like the old days? ..dunno, plus i'm worried about how this will config etc as would like to keep motorised if its worth it and realise i'd need two feeds if i end up recording and watching on one of those satellites
    any help appreciated.
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The motor will work irrespective of what you connect to the 4th tuner, the motorised dish will work fine.

If you put a twin LNB on your Motorised dish, you can set the 4th tuner as 2nd cable of motorised dish. Only worth it if you will be using two channels on separate quadrants/transponsders on the same sat.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (15-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply, will defo go with the 2nd motorised cable then....i did wonder if i would miss the flexibility
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The thing is though if you live in britain, what are the chances of you wanting to watch something, and record something at the same time of the same sat other than on 28.2? I have 3 28.2 feeds to mine and just the one on the motor.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (16-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for late reply, yes in Britain and yes this is the easiest/cheapest option for me and guarantees less 28.2 clashes, yet can still use motorised
    Thx for all the advise.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Cheapest is run cable to 28.2. You won't have to buy another lnb.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (19-04-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    The thing is though if you live in britain, what are the chances of you wanting to watch something, and record something at the same time of the same sat other than on 28.2?
    Hmm, I can't see why the interest in any satellites would be dependant on your location?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It shouldn't be but the chances that there are 2 different programs I would like to watch on different sats given the amount of programs that are available on 28.2 in English, and also that with the best will in the world is anybody going to produce an English epg for all the hundreds of thousands of none English channels available to me...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    If you're only interested in English then indeed your world is more or less limited to 28.2E.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.