Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank EPG

Title
    Thanks

Blank EPG

I have a new vu duo. I flashed it with vix 3.0, then downloaded mrmisters latest 28.2E bouquet and sent it to my receiver using DBE which I think worked as my box rebooted. I then followed the guide on here to set up crossepg then downloaded it. The download happened as the count on the bottom of the screen counted hundreds of channels and then said stuff like downloading titles and then summaries. HOwever my EPG is blank.

I am new to this as in this is my first box and my first go so can anyone let me know whatI may have done wrong

Title
    Thanks
    IMG_20140403_195316.jpg

Picture of EPG

Title
    Thanks
    Dont see any channels sounds silly but you should have at least a channels list,,without epg have you done the epg setting and
    can you turn over and watch the normal channels when you sent channels to box did you see channels go through from dr/edit
    Last edited by barry2012; 03-04-14 at 20:29.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is epg going to hdd or usb and not internal flash?

Title
    Thanks
    EPG is going to HDD. How do I know if the channels get sent in DR edit?

Even stupider question... I don't think I can watch any channels because I haven't set cccam up to watch FTA channels? Do I need to or should I just be able to watch?

I was following the guide on setting up a vu duo on here and that bit was after the EPG. But EPG hasn't worked so stopped there for now.

Title
    Thanks
    AV got tm-nano i normally go through dr/edit with channels see channels go to box
    then goto crossepg then do the updates and downloads,but before all of that i have
    the channels showing then do the above updates theres the epg

Title
    Thanks
    The channels come up on dr/edit as a list then goto the stting a round thing at top check ip adress,,if that
    is setup got send to box on right hand side theres a white blank box waiting click send to box then it will
    have channels going to box you can see this by a channel list
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWLvffUZLSM

Title
    Thanks
    DreamBoxEdit Logging.txt

DR Edit log is showing lots of errors, tried it twice errors both times. any ideas? )attached log

Quote Originally Posted by barry2012 View Post
    AV got tm-nano i normally go through dr/edit with channels see channels go to box
    then goto crossepg then do the updates and downloads,but before all of that i have
    the channels showing then do the above updates theres the epg

Title
    Thanks
    I am using this guide http://*****************.com/showthread.php?t=12612

That didn't say anything about picons? Oops it blanks it out. Guess its in the rules but cant see it.

Anyway these are my DRE settings... It doesnt have anything for picons. Looks different to the one on the video.
    Last edited by rihsabramo; 03-04-14 at 21:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Capture.PNG

Sorry fotgot to attach the image

Title
    Thanks
    Goto plugins do you see downloads :-- then lots of things will comeup goto settings pick 28e not sure but try picons aswell select and download them
    there your settings and picons Am new to this meself lol

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Can we stop with all the bad advice please & also see that DR Edit should probably be DBEdit?
    As for the OP & looking at your pic in the following post, your channels aren't being displayed, so no EPG can be displayed.
    After you transfer a channel list using DBEdit, press the TV button (bottom left of your DUO remote), do the channels & bouquets show up then?
    Also, 'mrmisters latest 28.2E bouquet' is probably out of date at the moment, he's quite busy & the need to update is slightly negated with ABM built into the ViX image.

I'd do a fresh flash if you think you've messed things up too much.
    Other than that, go to Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker, configure it how you need & then run a scan.
    Your 28.2E channel lists & bouquets will then be set-up.
    Following that, go to Menu -> Setup > System -> EPG & set that up for your needs, then download the required EPG.

The guides on http://openvix.co.uk should be easy enough to follow if you get stuck...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    You've set satellite.xml to etc/tuxbox. As that's a system file, it will be overwritten on any image update. That location is fine for reading data from your box, but not for writing them.
    Best is not to use any satellite.xml at all (but as DBE needs one, you can send it to /tmp). But if you insist on using your own, it should go to etc/enigma2

Also: always make sure E2 has been stopped before uploading settings ('init 4') and restarted when done ('init 3'). If you use DreamSet this can be automated in the set up of the editor.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    OK thanks for all the advice. Going to try to run auto bouquets when I get back from.work and then re download cross EPG. Any ideas why the box wouldn't read my USB when trying to mount it but read the same USB stick when flashing?

Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rihsabramo View Post
    Any ideas why the box wouldn't read my USB when trying to mount it but read the same USB stick when flashing?
    Nope.
    You use mountmanager?
    Then please post a debuglog in which you activate the mountmagager.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast