Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brand new duo2 remote not working

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what the 'camera trick' is mate? I'm open to ideas though. Anyway, update. Late last night I decided to try prepping the stick on my old pc upstairs that has xp on - it flashed first time, no problem. I saw 'finished' and it rebooted. When it got to the video select screen though, the remote still didn't work. I tried flashing again this morning, again successfully, but still no working remote.
    Use a digital camera to observe the infared led at the very top of the remote. You should see it light up red when any button is pressed. Not visible to the human eye directly but by using a digital camera you can

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, just done that and I can see the ir light on my phone camera when I press a button. So the remote is sending out something. The receiver isn't seeing it though, for some reason...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Have you left the protective film over the front of the receiver ?, especially over the IR sensor ?, if so try removing it and see if that makes a difference.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    So you don't read what we write when trying to help you
    See here.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry Rob, I didn't know what you meant and I was struggling to re-flash when you suggested it. I appreciate your help mate, really. I haven't used a vu box before and I don't know what a web interface is tbh.
    I removed the plastic film when I first unpacked it Phoenix.
    Thanks, Steve

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    well the web interface is not important at this moment in time considering that you cant set up your network mounts via the FIW ( first install wizard ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ah right, ok. I have a FoxSat receiver that has a web interface, thinking about it, so I sort of know what you mean. Looks like it will have to go back then - gutted!

Title
    Thanks
    I have this exact same issue currently I factory reset box then remote would no longer work so I have downloaded latest vix image and flashed box still same remote wont work!

My box is the vu duo2 same

EDIT

luckily I have a harmony one remote and this works on it but the original vu+ remote it is not working looking into this i have found
    http://vuplus.com/board/boardView.php?idx=20&pagenum=1
    Last edited by SmithOnline; 26-11-15 at 23:29.

Title
    Thanks
    fixed it! it was 2+7 then press help then enter 0002

i was pressing 002 missing the zero

fixed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123