Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new duo2 remote not working

Title
    Thanks
    Well there is nothing in the manual about the remote, apart from what the buttons are for. There's no mention of different modes (for different vu machines) or putting it in STB mode. The tv button is the only one with a light as far as I can tell.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    the remote for my ultimo is the same and all but TV and AV illuminates the TV button.

Try Resetting the remote by

long pressing 1+6 until tv button illuminates, then short press 9 9 6

Then set the remote using the long press 2+7 short press help then enter 0002 and press OK
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Done that Maxwell, no change. Will this (or any) remote have been needed to install Vix before it was sent out?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    no the remote control plays no part in the installation of a image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Right, reason I asked is becuase the language has already been set to English and I thought that was part of the setup process and a remote might have been needed.

I emailed the shop earlier and I was advised to try re-flashing, also which I haven't been able to do. If the box recognises the stick, does that mean it should load from it? 5 different sticks are all recognised but tapping or holding down the power button does nothing.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Power button behind the flap on the front of the box?

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, the one next to the card slots.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You haven't got any other usb stick(s) in rear while trying to flash have you?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lets just get back to basics here

1. what OS is on the PC you use to copy the update file to usb and did you use the same pc to format the stick.
    2. Are you using safe eject before removing the stick from the PC or just pulling it out of the port.
    3. what is the file structure on the stick after you have transferred the image file to it.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    No mate, and I've tried flashing from all 3 usb ports.

Title
    Thanks
    It's an old dell laptop with Windows 7 Maxwell. And, yes, I just pulled the stick out a few seconds after the transfer was done. There is a vuplus folder and inside that, a duo2 folder and the files are in there.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok try download minitool partition wizard, once you have it installed put your stick in and run the partition wizard, delete the partition on the usb then create a new one and format as FAT 32 once finished copy the update folder to the usb and leave it in there a couple of minutes and then eject it properly using safe removal.

USB stick needs to be USB1 or USB2 some USB3 can cause problems

make sure the DUO2 has had power off for at least 5 minutes then insert the usb into the front slot and power on with the rear switch, as soon as it sees the usb immediately press the power button behind the flap. do not touch anything for about 5 mins ish
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    I did all that to the letter Maxwell and still no luck - thanks very much though. I've been at this for 11 hours now and I've had enough - it isn't happening, for whatever reason.

I'll email the shop again and see what they say. Thanks for everyone's help, I'm most grateful.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    What did the camera trick learn you?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not sure exactly what the 'camera trick' is mate? I'm open to ideas though. Anyway, update. Late last night I decided to try prepping the stick on my old pc upstairs that has xp on - it flashed first time, no problem. I saw 'finished' and it rebooted. When it got to the video select screen though, the remote still didn't work. I tried flashing again this morning, again successfully, but still no working remote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast