Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new duo2 remote not working

Title
    Thanks

Brand new duo2 remote not working

Hi

My new Duo2 has just been delivered. From WoS with Vix image installed. I was going to put a hdd in it before I started but thought I'd try it first. I get the video input selection screen and it says press ok if you can see this page on your tv. I press ok but nothing happens. The up/down buttons do nothing either. I've tried with HDMI and Scart cable, no difference. All there is plugged in now, is a power cable and a scart lead and it's saying the next input will be probed in 20 seconds. The vfd says select video with up/down buttons. The red tv light on the remote comes on but it doesn't do anything.

Please don't tell me it's faulty - I've already returned an Ultimo a few weeks ago as that wouldn't flash.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Battery's ?
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    remote mode ?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    New batteries that came with the remote. The light is coming on when buttons are pressed. I've tried different modes with pressing 2 and 7, then help and 0001, 0002, 0003 and 0004. I just can't get the remote to do anything
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Firstly, any help would be really appreciated.

So, could it be a faulty machine? Faulty remote? Something I'm doing wrong? Could re-flashing fix it?

This is 2 Vu+ machines in a fortnight that I haven't got to boot successfully even once I'm slowly losing the will to live...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Hi New batteries that came with the remote. The light is coming on when buttons are pressed. I've tried different modes with pressing 2 and 7, then help and 0001, 0002, 0003 and 0004. I just can't get the remote to do anything Thanks

Remote code should be set to mode 2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    but if his Remote Control is not working how could he possibly set it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    move it to a different room and try to set it up, you may have something that is interferring with that remote frequency, once it is set up you can then try and change the code of the reciever and the remote and move it back into the room, i had this years ago with a jvc svhs recorder that didn't like something else.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    but if his Remote Control is not working how could he possibly set it
    You can always use the RC in the web-interface (browser on PC.

Have a look via a camera at the IR-LED on top of the R/C and see if it lights when you push a button.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    It is set to mode 2. I've tried it in a different room, just the same. The 'tv' light comes on when I press a button so it has power.

I've tried re-flashing but that doesn't work either. I have a 8Gb Kingston datatraveller stick, formatted fat32, with the folders and files in the right place, but the box won't have it. It sees the stick and says 'update' in the vfd, but pressing the power button does nothing. I've downloaded the hp format utility and the teracopy prog and used them and it made no difference.

It must be me. I used to think I was quite computer savvy, but this is 2 different vu+ machines in a fortnight that I'm not able to flash. I've flashed loads of things in the past without any trouble - are vu+ machines particularly temperamental?

I've been at it since mid-day now and I'm thoroughly jacked off. I specifically bought it from WoS becuase it was pre-flashed, too - it never crossed my mind that the remote wouldn't work

Not sure where to go now, any ideas, anyone please?

Thanks for help up to now.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Hi
    It is set to mode 2. I've tried it in a different room, just the same. The 'tv' light comes on when I press a button so it has power.
    did you press the STB button ( top right ), because if the TV button illuminates when you press a button on the remote it's still in TV mode.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    when trying to flash are you pressing the button on the machine and not the remote to confirm flash
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Phoenix
    The tv button always lights up, whatever button I press. In fact, the only buttons that don't light the tv button when I press them, are the tv button itself and the av button.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm pressing the power button behind the flap on the right, Maxwell, thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    sorry mate but i have never used the newer style remote, but on the older one you have TV and STB modes, if the TV button lights up it means it's in TV remote and you have to first press the STB button to put it into STB mode.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast