Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Agc

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Agc

Hello, finally got both my boxes running on Zeus, thanks for all the help and sorry for sharing my stres, but I gave found a small bug on 003, agc always reports as 0 even though the signal seems fine, is this normal?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    This is not how it should be.

It is a driver issue and has been reported to Technomate. Affects all their OE range.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ah right, only just noticed it in 003.
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if this agc issue has been fixed yet. although i dont have this specific box as it affects all tm OE range it will affect me if i upgrade to Zeus. I had major issues with signal issues and the tuner not finding signal when the dish was tuned perfectly. The last thing i want is to upgrade and all comes back again and that is a definite no no
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

"You don't know what you got till is gone."

Title
    Thanks
    It affects all their current range.

I'm pretty sure it is just display of value. I could be mistaken.

You can make a full image backup and restore it if it affects you adversely.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    It affects all their current range.

I'm pretty sure it is just display of value. I could be mistaken.

You can make a full image backup and restore it if it affects you adversely.
    abu

how come it works on vix 3.0 but then on zeus it no longer works and requires drivers from TM. Did vix made dramatic changes under the hood that it requires driver changes from tm?
    Technomate TM-2TOE, Technomate diseq 1.2 Motor 2100A, 110cm Triax Dish, 500GB IOMEGA USB Drive, running OpenVix

Title
    Thanks
    Let's turn the question on its head, how come all other receivers do not require a new bootloader or drivers?

Same thing for PLI 4.0.

Technomate are working on the drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thats a good question for which i have no answer. perhaps you could put that in layman terms as i'm coder or developer. You as well as me know that perfect drivers will take some time to be released and some manufactures are better at this then others. Unfortunately in the past TM have taken longer then their competitors to resolve driver issues. I do not mean to slag them is just until their resolve this issue it will take a while for TM users to take benefits from PLI 4.0 based images or VIX Zeus.