Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E-Cigarettes and Vaping

Title
    Thanks
    I quit 7 months ago, after trying previously with those naff ecigs, 7 months ago i swapped to the Kangertech ProTank, and more recently the KangerTech AeroTank (which is better because you can vari the strength)... only when i swapped to using a decent vaper like KangerTech was I able to quit... cravings are less too, i do still have nicotine e liquid, but of course you can gradually lower that too... i use Ry4 liquid. and i have eGo cTwist battery

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tvtv For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (20-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone post a guide on how to get started... Don't really understand the terms like atomisers, coils, tanks, mods etc

I want to get the best experience from vaping, budget for the kit is anywhere from £60-160. That's just for the hardware. I understand the stuff about vapours being a mix of pg and vg - and some nicotine. Is it legal to get your own nicotine in.

What would be the best hardware to get. And is a mod type machine better than a variable ohm current type machine?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Every body has a different idea and recommendations for starter kit but this is what I recommend to friends and people that ask me. Dont buy chinese tat off the market stall buy the proper gear from a reputable online store or shop and you will succeed.

For a stater kit that will get you going does not require separate batteries and comes with everything in the box and does not need a charge every day I recommend a MPV £37.00 all in http://myepack.co.uk/mods/itaste-mvp...tal-grain.html I recommend this as it misses out a step and you will grow into the kit rather than you grow out of the kit. Simple for new users and advanced enough for you to experiment as your get experience.

For a glossary of vaping terms try here should explain most things clearly http://www.ecigology.com/e-cig-glossary/

for juices there are lot of companies I make my own but to start try these reputable companies http://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/ http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/ http://www.ecigarettedepot.co.uk/store/ all companies I have used and still use for flavour concentrates.

You can buy nicotine it is sold diluted in PG or VG and needs to be mixed you can buy from a couple of the companies I have mentioned. I would just buy premixed juices to start so you can find what flavours you like there are thousands of mixes and it takes a while to get some kind of direction on what you like. Its also a never ending story I still keep changing what I make as my tastes change constantly......

Need any help please shout I am happy to get you vaping I feel 100% better no cough or wheezing and I no longer stink of fags my blood pressure is back to normal and my Dr now has me as a non smoker. Added bonus is I can vape in my local so I can sit with my pint and not stand out side in the rain to get a nicotine fix Bonus

I am sure everybody else who vapes has there own ideas and there is a lot of gear out there good and bad but this is just my 2 cents... Oh and I have not had a ciggie in 18 months so it works
    Last edited by stumpey; 20-06-14 at 07:25.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stumpey For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (20-06-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    some very good advice there from Stumpey just to add to it, if you can, visit a proper bricks and mortar store near you so you can try out various juices and find one you really like, when you eventually get your kit don't immediately bin the fags but integrate the vaping into your day, you will find that as vaping tastes far better than a fag and will naturally lean towards that instead.
    Vaping does not give an instant hit it takes slightly longer for the nicotine to be absorbed so don't wait till you are absolutely gasping before you vape.
    Initially don't try to vape like you are smoking you will just end up coughing, rather just sip at it and you will find yourself taking bigger and better draws without any problems.
    Also keep it simple initially and ignore all the stuff about mods/drippers etc (you will no doubt get into all that as you progress) - whatever you do stay away from the cig-alikes (n-joy, e-lites etc) they will just ruin your vaping experience.
    And as Stumpey says stay away from the cheap chinese crap at the market, I would also recommend the MVP but with a Kanger Aerotank so you can control the draw.
    A good forum with an excellent beginners section here http://ukvapers.org/
    Last edited by Maxwell; 20-06-14 at 09:05.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi vapers,my first order of an electric ciggy was november 2010,a tornado from totally wicked and i used pre-filled cartomisers mostly and i managed to quit the tabs instantly,ridiculed constantly outside my local from other smokers,"what the f##k is that"......."get a proper tab into ya"....."hey that does taste like a tab like".....anyway i kept at it for over a year and a half then one day i didnt have any juice and sadly i was a smoker again,tried it again about a year ago and couldnt find a juice/taste and a lot of liquid in mouth horrible tastes,never got back into it.
    well am gonna give it another bash i smoke marlboro lights and they are kicking on £9 a pack,im gonna order a MPV what stumpey advised above,can anyone advise on any near to marlboro light juice knocking about or near to a ciggy taste im also partial to a menthol,cheers

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As I said in my post above try and visit a bricks and mortar store near you so you can try out all sorts of juices to find one you like, google vaping shop in your area.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

goosegog (22-06-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a heads up new company with an opening offer on juices for £1 per 10ml, I have just ordered some to try out
    Code:
    http://www.lickwid.co.uk/
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Max i am nes to this site just joined iv been vaping for a while.
    Ihave a itaste 134 aitaste mvp a tecc e-pipe and a camry k1000 pipe all very good i usualy mix my own its more fun.
    But iv found the best ejuice comes from america ie Hurricane Vape storm juice is very good and mtbakervaor.com banana cream pie.
    Shipping is expensive but worth it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbeard13 For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (29-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Latest toy to add to my collection - Sigelei 30w mod fitted with the new Kanger Aerotank Mega and currently filled with Mystic Vapours Green fairy juice, fantastic flavour and smooth vape from this

On another note is anyone going to Vapefest 2014 ?
    Code:
    http://ukvapefest.com/
    where is a good place to buy this piece of kit. i'm looking for the best, more reliable kit out there. somethin g that would make the transition from real cigerettes to this as easy as possible.

kit that allows adjustment in amp is an advantage but durability and nice smooth action is the most important.

KangerTech AeroTank is what i'm after - many suggestions made for it - where's the best place to buy?
    Last edited by 75mak; 12-07-14 at 15:54.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    myepack for both
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    myepack for both
    Thanks for that.

I saw the kagner aerotank v2 for £18. So was going to buy that.

But then needed the other part with starter kit. So looked under mods and so the vamo v5 which was mentioned by someone else in this thread. So was going to buy that until I noticed you need to choose a clearomiser with it. Which I don't really understand. Anyway I chose the mini kagner Aerotank from the clearomiser option.

My question is, with v2 aerotank work as a clearomiser instead of the mini version you need from the v5 kit?

Also I would be happy to purchase any starter kit that your recommendation which is similar to vamo v5 spec.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I've narrowed down my search to either vamo v5 or
    Itaste MVP v2 (carbon or steel?)
    Which would you recommend?

Also can both be used with kugner aerotank v2 and aerotank mega?

Title
    Thanks
    I had the Vamo V5 with an Aspire Nautilus tank. Worked great for awhile then I notived the tank would'nt screw to the V5. I contacted the retailer who advised me that the screw thread had expanded. It will still fit a V3 tank but not the ones that have a screw thread in the middle (if that makes sense).

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys,reading this thread has made me try vaping once again,this time with better kit,I bought an MVP v2 which I use with it s original iclear 30,I also bought an aero tank v2 but find the iclear more to my liking,for startup juice I'm using USA mix 12mg which helps making the transition to vaping from my Marlboro light.I only have one question:do I have to buy a tank for each flavour or I can use a single tank for diferent flavours?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234