Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vu+ Duo2 stucked and i see "Vu+ your Smart Linux TV player"

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by betacentauri View Post
    @DaMacFunkin: Sorry, didn't see the pm.

Code:
    UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 3: 0xf116c36b, not 0xf116c336
    UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 0: 0xdfa5fcfb, not 0x56108247
    UBI error: process_lvol: both volume tables are corrupted
    UBI error: ubi_init: cannot attach mtd0
    Ubi has 2 volume tables. Both seems to be corrupt on your system. This is why the bootloader/kernel don't want to mount your rootfs ubi filesystem. That's already strange. More strange is that a flashing of a new image don't work, because it writes new volume tables to the flash.
    I have no idea why it don't work. Did you try to flash different images(ViX, OpenPli, openatv,...)?
    Yes i have tried them all, vix, vti openpli atv the latest official 2.1 etc, did you see the first line of the 4th paragraph where it states: ERROR: MEMC1 reshmoo status = 80000008

Ive reported to reseller and he said he would contact vu+ for me to send back for repair under warranty, but he hasn't replied to me yet, i will send an other email tomorrow and if i get no joy out of him i will contact vu+ uk directly and see what they say, and obviously moan about the reseller, i can't understand why he is dragging his feet...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    p.s. the only thing i havn't tried is flashing the original bootloader to see if that fixes the bad block table, reason is because it has never been available for download so ican't find it anywhere, this box came with version 1 bootloader on, and it was just a thought that flashing that might force a table update.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Code:
    http://www.luxsat.eu/forum/index.php?topic=45319.0
    but you need to login.
    Last edited by judge; 08-05-14 at 19:20. Reason: Please code external links.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Yes i have tried them all, vix, vti openpli atv the latest official 2.1 etc, did you see the first line of the 4th paragraph where it states: ERROR: MEMC1 reshmoo status = 80000008
    No, I didn't see it. Maybe a memory problem...
    If the flash memory is the problem, there might be solution with cfe, but I wouldn't do that if you still have warranty.

If you have a serial cable you can try to enter cfe by pressing ctrl+c right after power on. According to this
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bootvorgang
    you can make a memory test by typing memtest.

But as said before if you have warranty I would send it back to the reseller.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    Code:
    http://www.luxsat.eu/forum/index.php?topic=45319.0
    but you need to login.
    That link is for v2, its the original fresh from factory v1 i would like.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    found thus also for the duo :

RE: Fix bootloaderhi mate, I had the same problem and sent box back to supplier and they came up with this fix. Switch the box off, on the rear side.
    choose in putty for serial connect, speed must be set to 115200 and choose you`re comport.
    Put the box on, when you`re connection is oke, you wil see some text scrolling over the putty screen.
    Now use the ctrl + c key to stop the booting.
    copy the following line in the screen:

boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

The box now reboot from the flash, so watch you`re box.
    Then open telnet with dcc and put in the following line.

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

and after that the following line

reboot -f

Then you`re box is running again.

It may work for you, nothing beats a try.

If not working ,one good advice : sent it back !!!!!
    Last edited by bellejt; 09-05-14 at 17:52.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi mate tried that a few days ago, pressing ctrl c doesn't seem to have any response during the short ill fated boot attempt, I may try again later with a USB stick inserted, maybe it will work at the wait point, but as betacentauri says it maybe a memory fault... I've always had a feeling that this box had a hardware problem (stressed joint) because of the random lock ups so maybe it can't be fixed without an engineer. I've sent an email directly to Vu+ uk last night telling them my problems, my reseller isn't answering my email or returning my calls, when I've got it fixed they are going to get a mega name and shame on every forum I can find and also amazon, eBay etc.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456