Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigablue Quad Hard Drive size

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You're within rights to request/demand that the payment be returned you your A/C. Though PatPal are high with their charges they are good for dispute resolution. It has taken SS.fi a little too long in letting you know where you stand. Understand your frustration and I would also try to take my custom elsewhere. Call them to speed things up.

Tapatālker

Title
    Thanks
    Gigablue Quads have been discontinued. WOS don't currently stock them. There is a new version of the quad due out in the next month or so. Pretty much same hardware, only difference is a gigabyte LAN connection and larger LCD screen (and I think they'll also do them in white!)

I'd either hold off for that or go for the Solo2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderson82 View Post
    Gigablue Quads have been discontinued. WOS don't currently stock them. I'd either hold off for that or go for the Solo
    i have read that the Original Quad has been superseded by the new plus model so i think the original quads will be a bit thin on the ground, that is why i am thinking of getting the solo2 unless the supplier offers me the plus for the same price but i don't think that will happen, as i am getting to the point where i might just stick with my old Blade Combo

Title
    Thanks
    Ordered my quad from a Germany seller on fleabay 2 weeks ago arrived within 2 days. Fitted it with a 500 gb internal HDD running on vix. Very pleased with it got the DVB-C that I'm gonna set up on the cable side this weekend

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well i ordered the VU+solo2 and it is on its way as we speak the tracking order says that it has left the country so i might have it by Friday

Title
    Thanks
    At least u got sorted in the end. Did u get it from the same place

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes from the same place it saved all the hassle of waiting to see when they would get the quads in, and i really wasn't bothered about the 4 tuner option it just seemed that it would be a bonus

Title
    Thanks
    Ok to buy a sata 11 1tb for quad plus? im such a newbie my purchase is still in the post
    Last edited by rhurbarb; 09-05-14 at 16:29.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think they only accept 2.5" drives and a sata II will be ok i have 1 TB one in my Solo2, and i am still tempted to get a Quad plus

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Hello this is my 1st real Question

i was originally going to get a VU+Duo but decided to get the Gigablue Quad, at the moment on it's way from Finland

i have 3-500gig sata drives 2 that i used to use in my PC till i upgraded to 2 and 1 Terabit HD's and 1 that i took out of a Tivo box that i bought for £20 from flebay

then realized it would not work as a free view box i was originally going to put the Tivo's Western Digital in the Duo as it is already Linux - but the Gigablue only takes 2.1/2" drives

i have a 200gig 2.1/2" sata drive from a old laptop, would that be large enough to work in the Gigablue and use 2 of the others as external drives

i have 2 Samsung drives both HD501LJ's (500GB/7200rpm/16mb cache

the Western Digital is a WD500AADS/32mb cache

or would i be better of only using the 1 external drive and using the Western Digital as that has a better cache as by reading on here that speed isn't every thing

the reason i asked if the 200gig will be large enough is that i am not sure how many hours recording i will be able to get on it especially if i record a lot of High Def programs

Thanks in advance

regards norm
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but i just binned my bros Tivo box as it was piece of S**T and beeped when ever it did anything!! i have rescued the 500GB HDD out of it but cant get it to pick up in my TM-Twin or on my windows PC have you got yours working and if so how??
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello josh_g yes I managed get it working eventually I tried every thing but nothing seemed to work after pulling my hair out Twice
    I finally managed to format it with MiniTool Partition Wizard and I am using it with my Solo2 fitted in a external HD Caddy

forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 - MiniTool has retrieved 2 Dead Hard Drives that I was going to bin, but it has failed to recover my 1 tb
    that was my main boot drive when my power supply blew the power surge must have fried the boot sector

regards norm
    Last edited by nsw9154; 14-05-14 at 14:33.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Hello josh_g yes I managed get it working eventually I tried every thing but nothing seemed to work after pulling my hair out Twice
    I finally managed to format it with MiniTool Partition Wizard and I am using it with my Solo2 fitted in a external HD Caddy

regards norm
    ahh good stuff, so i take it you just install that program and it will detect the HDD on the PC when plugged in?
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes mate it usually dose I must have been editing my post when you replied, that's why i mentioned the fried hd
    it's a great program i think it was Rob from here suggested it to me
    Last edited by nsw9154; 14-05-14 at 14:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12