Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newly setup Nano killing my internet connection

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try a different ethernet lead - just because it works on other devices does not mean its not faulty. Also do a power cycle on your router.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Try a different ethernet lead - just because it works on other devices does not mean its not faulty. Also do a power cycle on your router.
    One of the first things I tried - sorry should have mentioned that. Tried different router ports with different leads with power cycles at all times inbetween. Even tried homeplugs. All give me the same reproducible issue.

Title
    Thanks
    if it means anything. I have just had an absolute nightmare after installing mgcam. Was alright for a few days and then crashed my network. I have got network up and running again but still having problems. I had to uninstall mgcam altogether to try to solve problem. If I got internet working as soon as I connected to VU it lost connection, so if you do have mgcam installed it may be worth considering removing it altogether.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fast65 View Post
    if it means anything. I have just had an absolute nightmare after installing mgcam. Was alright for a few days and then crashed my network. I have got network up and running again but still having problems. I had to uninstall mgcam altogether to try to solve problem. If I got internet working as soon as I connected to VU it lost connection, so if you do have mgcam installed it may be worth considering removing it altogether.
    Thanks, but it was like this before I installed MGCam (I did that as a test after I was suffering from CCCam). And it's still showing the problems without either of those even installed on a fresh flash. Like I say, as soon as I take the Technomate off the network, boom, everything back to normal.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What else have you got on the network?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    What else have you got on the network?
    1 NAS, 1 Laptop, 1 Smart TV - all gigabit wired on 5E minimum, all cables fine and tested & switched through the router/modem - and a few phones / tablets on wireless.

Whilst I'm not a networking guru, I know how to set up a home network and know how it's all configured, so I know that I'm set up correctly. Hence why I'm so stuck...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Disconnect everything from the router just to eliminate a conflict. Also bring your receiver to a friends house to try on a different router - its possible it doesnt like the gigabit router.

Title
    Thanks
    Already done the first part, still the same. It's a 7800N Billion router / modem which is a high end consumer level product - and EVERYTHING I've ever used before with it has had no issues at all.

Fairly pointless trying it on a separate router as I won't be giving up my 7800N for it, so looks like I'll be returning it. Never had a device do this to my network before and I've had this setup for 5 or so years (being tweaked and checked regularly). Can only assume it's a faulty piece of hardware on the network line in the box. Bizarre.

Title
    Thanks

Newly setup Nano killing my internet connection

Have u tried giving the Nano a static IP rather than letting it pull one from DHCP?

Do you have any Smart DNS services configured on your router?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sanderson82; 21-02-14 at 00:45.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi.
    Can't help you with your problem, but why on earth did you buy a Technomate? (OK, I made this mistake too, grrrr!). My advice would be to do what I did - chuck it out and buy a proper box with proper support like a VU.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    Hi.
    Can't help you with your problem, but why on earth did you buy a Technomate? (OK, I made this mistake too, grrrr!). My advice would be to do what I did - chuck it out and buy a proper box with proper support like a VU.
    I owned a TM-5200d SUPER for years, still got it too
    I have a TM-Single too for over a year, never had any issue with it. I would buy TM again if I needed a cheap box.
    I find the PQ of the TM-Single better than that of my Gigablue Quad I had until recently.
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can't help you with your problem, but why on earth did you buy a Technomate?
    Nothing wrong with Technomate receivers Spoof, I've had loads and to be honest I've never had any problems with any of them. Even my TM800 works as it should as too does my ancient TMS 1500 CI+ which is great for activating and updating subscriber cards with.

A lot of the time it all goes down to how they are setup as to how well they work, its easy to blame the receiver when 99% of the time the issue is caused by how the unit has been setup in the first place by the operator. The support for Technomate receivers is just as good as any other brand of receiver i have owned before as they are supported by most of the big image teams.

The customer service by Technomate themselves is also second to non. Remember when the unstable VIX beta image for the TM-Twin was released by somebody who shall remain nameless. The image ended up screwing up a lot of TM-Twin receivers which were repaired free of charge by Technomate. I doubt that Vu+ or Dream Multimedia would be as forthcoming.

I know there have been driver issues in the past, but usually Technomate always sort it out.

I'm not saying the original poster has set the box up incorrectly as there may well be a problem with that particular receiver, but stating the TM receivers are crap is just being ignorant.

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 22-02-14 at 20:09.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (22-02-14),Sicilian (24-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
    Hi.
    I have had Amiko Alien 2, Amiko 8840, Opticum X7, Vu Solo, Ferguson Ariva 250, Gigablue 800 UE, Gigablue 800 SE plus, Technomate 7102 and 6902.

I currently have the TM Single and TM nano and I have to say the TM boxes for me are excellent and would take them over all the ones I mentioned above any day

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Getting sidetracked here but TM pi--ed a lot of users off with the TM2T drivers debacle - took nearly two years to get it right, then they discontinue it. Just sayin.

Tapatālker

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    Getting sidetracked here but TM pi--ed a lot of users off with the TM2T drivers debacle - took nearly two years to get it right, then they discontinue it. Just sayin.

Tapatālker
    TM-2T has not been out two years mate, just saying.
    TM-twin on the other hand is another story all together.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (25-02-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast