Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newly setup Nano killing my internet connection

Title
    Thanks

Newly setup Nano killing my internet connection

I've setup my new Nano that I received today following the following guide to the letter http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-set-up-guide

I'm using CrossEPG and the latest version of CCCam

All is set up and working, except when the Nano is connected to the internet (and it is hard wired by Cat6 to the router) it absolutely kills my internet connection. Doing speedtests etc the speed comes down to a few kbs (i.e pages are taking minutes to load etc) - this is both with the box on and on standby. Turning the box off at the switch on the back and the internet comes back to full speed without any issues. Turn box back on and the internet virtually dies again.

Because it's networking I have tested and rebooted everything. It's not the router, the cable (connected other devices & reporting full speed) or other devices that are connected - I've troubleshooted all by trial and error with those. I've put my old Spiderbox on the network lead and everything else plugged in from the Nano and no issues.

Any ideas with this? It's truly bizarre, also if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move.

Thanks folks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's very likely something in your CCcam config file, have a look at that for anomalies.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    It's very likely something in your CCcam config file, have a look at that for anomalies.
    Interesting - thanks. Is there a guide for how it should be formatted correctly for the Nano?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, after a bit of digging, you're right - it's definitely the CCCam that's the problem. Stopping that plugin and rebooting and there's no issues, turn it back on and the the internet drops.

I really can't see what's wrong with my CCCam.cfg file to be honest - all very standard. Do I need to be on a higher version of CCCam than 2.3.0?

I've also installed MGCamd from the ipk (version 1.35a), but when trying to start it I get the 'not set up in /var/keys/' message. This directory doesn't exist and I can't create it. Putting the newcamd.list in usr/keys/ doesn't work either.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

I

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I use CCcam 2.2.1 from the cams folder at www.openvix.co.uk but you will need to provide your own configuration files.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    In your mg_cfg, can you post the line that has L:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    In your mg_cfg, can you post the line that has L:
    Where does the mg_cfg go though? I have the newcamd.list that has the CWS = line in - do i need two files?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I use CCcam 2.2.1 from the cams folder at www.openvix.co.uk but you will need to provide your own configuration files.
    Yeah got the config file all set up - interesting that you use 2.2.1 - maybe I'll give that a go.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbath View Post
    Where does the mg_cfg go though? I have the newcamd.list that has the CWS = line in - do i need two files?
    Yes you do.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...712#post182712

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dutchbath (19-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Working flawlessly - thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    HI dutchbath so you took the advise and got the Nano, hope you enjoy it mate

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbath View Post
    Working flawlessly - thanks!
    Actually I spoke too soon - this is exhibiting the same behaviour as before now, totally destroying my internet connection as soon as I turn it on.

I've done a factory reset, so completely stock, and without doing anything, when I plug the network cable in and turn it on at the back then again, it kills my internet connection.

So I'm lost, if a complete factory reset (nothing loaded, softcams, bouquets etc - and on latest version of Openvix) then turn it on and it kills my connection then I'm all out of ideas. To confirm again, if I unplug the ethernet lead from the box and plug it into any other device (laptop, old Spiderbox) then the network is fine and I'm getting full speed off the ethernet lead.

Any last ideas before I return it? Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    CCCam vs 2.3.0 is the one to use. I'm using that from day 1 without any issue.
    Make sure to know exactly what you put into your config-file.

MGCamd is very old and has a high risk of bringing in security issues.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A factory reset will not suffice - you will need to reflash the receiver to get it back to virgin condition
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    A factory reset will not suffice - you will need to reflash the receiver to get it back to virgin condition
    Thanks, I've just done a full reflash using the latest image. All went well, went through the initial setup (no scans) and it's still doing the same thing of killing my internet connection completely. Just powered it off and all back to normal. And that was literally flashing > reboot > setup.

Is there something in the setup that I'm not getting right, using all the defaults and not scanning - reporting that it can connect to the internet, assigned an IP that I can ping, seems pretty straightforward. One thing I did notice after powering back on after the reflash that there were two red buttons lit up on the front panel - is that normal?

Tearing my hair out here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast