Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help with 1st Vu+Duo2

Title
    Thanks

Help with 1st Vu+Duo2

Hi all
    My problem starts with the fact this is my FIRST EVER box other then s*y. I'm based in ireland if that is any help at all.

I received my duo2 today, I had VIX preinstalled along with a dvb-c/t tuner. My plan is to rid the house of s*y and just use free to air and terrestrial channels BUT be able to record, stream and download.
    I unpacked it and plugged in the cables, 2 sat cables, 2 terrestrial cables (RF).
    To be honest I was reading the instructions that came with it and as I already had vix installed they made no sense at all. I powered it on and straight away I get bbc 1. I proceed to check out what was on it and sure enough most of, if not all, the FTA's where there. But I cannot get local channels, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. The info bar shows the tv program etc and also is tuner A. I'm going to assume that I need to switch tuners in order to receive terrestrial tv....
    1. How do I do that?
    2. Should there not be 3 tuners as it has a twin tuner preinstalled from the factory?
    3. How can I organise the channels into a manageable list (there all over the place)
    4. I'll leave any other issues until I get up and running properly

Thanks in advance for any help
    Glenn
    Last edited by Oh Crap; 17-02-14 at 19:36.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Menu>setup>system>tuner configuration

Make sure the sat ones are sat to what ever sat your on and need to be

Single
    Simple
    Your sat

Same with the T tuner but you will need to change it to your location / broadcaster
    If on 28.2E run autobouquetmaker and it will sort the channels into same order as sky

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I'll.try that when kids in bed..
    Does the.autobouqetmaker let you move stations so that you only scroll through available channels

tony1234
    I ran the auto bouquet maker and it found the channels but didn't add them to any bouquets.

Since I already had vucc on my PC and could FTP to the box I used "rats bouquets updater" that I had from somewhere else.

Image is Vix 16 on vu+duo2 with 500gig hdd and 80cm moveable dish parked at 28.2.

Gathering dust
    Diablo cam
    Tm 6900

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I ran the auto bouquet maker and it found the channels but didn't add them to any bouquets.

Since I already had vucc on my PC and could FTP to the box I used "rats bouquets updater" that I had from somewhere else.

Image is Vix 16 on vu+duo2 with 500gig hdd and 80cm moveable dish parked at 28.2.

Gathering dust
    Diablo cam
    Tm 6900
    The first thing I would do is to update the firmware to the current Vix image, do not use the online download but use a USB stick to start with. To find out how to do this go to the Vix Image support section of this forum, at the same time check that you have the latest bootloader. If you get into trouble give me a shout I will talk you through the process.

This link is a good starting point:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...8-VU-Duo2-Talk

One other point is you are not in the best section for the help you need, as this part is for configuration of the duo2 lcd screens, I would post in Duo2 talk.
    Last edited by psionguy; 24-11-14 at 15:02.
    Samsung QE55 TV, Sony STN-DN1080 AV Amp, VU Duo2, fixed dish for Freesat, 1m motorised dish.