Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Story behind the Username

Title
    Thanks
    I lived in Malta for four years until last year and my first name is Michael so MalteseMick had a certain ring to it.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MalteseMick View Post
    I lived in Malta for four years until last year and my first name is Michael so MalteseMick had a certain ring to it.
    Sounds more like you were partial to the odd pack of maltesers to me hehe
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'll turn my answer into a quiz: my avatar and username are linked, my username is an acronym. Eternal fame for the one that posts my 'full' username.

Why, I like Zappa, what more can I say?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOIIFTM View Post
    I'll turn my answer into a quiz: my avatar and username are linked, my username is an acronym. Eternal fame for the one that posts my 'full' username.

That album was in my opinion, music wise exactly as the title - Were only in it for the money. nice user name

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts

OK, so are you saying that you're an ex dream-elite team member??? Since, as far as I know, the acronym of your username is "We're Only In It For The Money"... So, makes me think you're a DE team member hehe

lol, Maxwell just beat me to it
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    OK, so are you saying that you're an ex dream-elite team member??? Since, as far as I know, the acronym of your username is "We're Only In It For The Money"... So, makes me think you're a DE team member hehe

lol, Maxwell just beat me to it
    Lol nice answer all the same haha

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i tell you pooface i'm extreamly ill with a cold and fever and reading your DE post just made my day was ROFL all the way
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell4321 View Post
    That album was in my opinion, music wise exactly as the title - Were only in it for the money. nice user name
    Here you go:

to the winner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WOIIFTM For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (05-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Wrote a reply for this, pressed the back button by accident, then forwards and message had all gone Grrrr Firefox :angry:

Anyway, as I stated previously, I have quite a few usernames, and this is the only one which doesn't really have a story to it... I just chose a username randomly, and this one was it, lol. I think I might've used it before when younger as a mild childish insult, is where it came from, lol...

As for my other usernames, my most commonly used for day to day stuff like emails etc, comes from just my surname and initials. It was the first proper username I was ever issued, which I received when I went to university. And it's stuck with me ever since...

My other username comes from a mick-take from when we used to text obscenities Basically, try typing an insulting word, which could also be used as a name for female genitalia on nokia (at least older ones anyway) predictive text. You'll come up with a word that I just used as my username. However, everytime I tried it on most places, it was already used, so I used the year that I first started to try it, and have stuck with it ever since...

And my final username (I say that, as it's my xbox live name) comes about, again from university... Now I usually get flamed on xbox live for this, because I'm always told I have wrote it wrong The username is foobar, and am constantly told it should be fubar!!!!! (all the exclamations, as it's c00l to do that ). Anyway, as some of the users here will probably know, I am not talking about fubar, but the foobar that I got for my first piece of C+ programming :

Code:
    #include <stdio.h>

int main()
    {
       char foo[] = "Hello,";
       char bar[] = "World!";
       printf("%s %s\n", foo, bar);

return 0;
    }
    Anyway, there you have my stories hehe

I have to say pooface with your username on here and the avtar you chose i have to say it goes really well 'count pooface' has a certain ring to it ;P
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i dont really have rhyme or reason for my usernames other than the fact that i tend to get bored and change the name from forum to forum.
    saying that i common user name i do use on most forums would be DUDE. this is just a name i have used for around 10 years all the way back to the old xbox 1 hacking days.

i was also for over 3 years a senior moderator on a well known cable forum untill one of the admins decided otherwise. but hey there are plenty other forums i can offer my very own brand of assistance on.

for those intrested you may have bumped into me under any of the following names on various forums.

00DUDE
    DuDe
    DUDE
    taxman
    technerd187
    RuberDuck.

amongst others.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    RuberDuck...
    Out of curiosity, what's a ruberduck (or is it a typo?)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Out of curiosity, what's a ruberduck (or is it a typo?)
    back in the days of illegal cb radio ( am band 70's and early 80's ) it was slang for a mobile magmount antenna. and i'm a radio geek.

Title
    Thanks
    I bought my VU+ Duo a few weeks ago and when filling in the forum membership page had'nt a clue what ID I should call myself but knew the ID had to be somthing connected with television. On the CBS Action channel at the time was a program "conan the warrior" and suddenly the idea came, a parody of "conan the warrior" and tv related......Conax the warrior!!!!!!!! Perfect! (Conax being, as much as I could gather, one of the forms of tv signal encryption like videocrypt or Videoguard etc).
    hastily typing in my new find, I forgot the spaces inbetween the words!!!
    Conaxthewarrior

Title
    Thanks
    I believe the term "rubber duck" originated from the USA. Truckers would use it as an ID over their CB radio. I remember it was also used widely by the general public during the period when the single "convoy" was played on the radio in the late 1970's. I found this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_(song) for more info.
    Anyway, thats my theroy.
    Conaxthewarrior

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast