Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How do you back up vix image

Title
    Thanks

How do you back up vix image

Hi all am new to the forum I have just up dated my vu solo2 two vix 3.0 build 808
    I have the box all setup I want to make a full back up of the image so I can flash a mates box with my setup.

Cheers Steve

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Hi all am new to the forum I have just up dated my vu solo2 two vix 3.0 build 808
    I have the box all setup I want to make a full back up of the image so I can flash a mates box with my setup.

Cheers Steve
    Dead simple

Menu>setup> vix > backup manager and use green button to create a new back up of your box

Not sure about transfer to your mates though.. not sure about all the data such as ip and network settings etc
    Last edited by craig37; 16-01-14 at 23:32.
    VU+ Solo 2 1Tb
    Vix 3.0 Hopefully I've been of some help, can't get it right all the time, but remember the Thanks button

3. The Following User Says Thank You to craig37 For This Useful Post:

Clyde (16-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok great I have saved to hdd. So I have FTP the back up to the desktop do I just extract the zip and save to usb and that's it ready to flash my mates solo2? He is using black hole at the mo will I be able to flash the box with my backup or will I have to flash his box with vix 3.0 first?

Steve

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Flash your backup.

P.S, there is no such image as Vix 3.0. His image will be an exact copy of yours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Clyde (16-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for the help I give that a go at the week end
    Thanks again Steve