Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "Blank" or "missing" channels

Title
    Thanks

"Blank" or "missing" channels

Hi All

Complete newbie here, so apologies in advance...

I have a new Vu+ Solo box which a friend set up for me. Everything seems to be working fine, apart from what I can only describe as a dozen or so 'blank' or missing channels.

For example, if I press the TV button on my remote, select Sky Sports, and then try to view Sky Sports 1 HD, all I get is a black screen. However, if I repeat the process and select the red 'All' option Sky Sports 1 HD is now listed three times, one of which works.

My question whether I can force the active version of the channel to appear in my EPG.

Also, any advice on how I can pick up the other missing channels, which aren't listed multiple times (e.g. Channel 5 HD), when pressing the red 'All' option.

Many thanks...and sorry if I'm doing something dumb.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    What image & build number are you using?
    Do you have a local card in the box?
    How are you generating your channel/bouquet lists?

So many questions before anyone can offer any help...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I agree with judge without the image we defiantly can not help, if for example you are using VIX image there is an excellent plugin called autobouquet that can be downloaded direct from menu...

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for the lack of clarity...I did say I was a newbie, so please be gentle!

Trebor300 - I found the autobouquet function last night, so I guess that means I'm using VIX?

I think I'm 90% there...it's just this issue with channels that I can't access immediately from the EPG that's bothering me. The red 'All' button provides a work-around for Sky Sports 1 HD, as pressing it brings up a list where Sky Sports 1 HD is listed three times. Same with Sky Sports News HD, although there are only two channels to choose from. No such luck with Channel 5 HD, as that only appears on the list once.

Adding the 'working' channels to my favourites provides a work around of sorts, but that doesn't help if I want to set up a timed recording in advance from my EPG - as all I record is a blank screen!

Grrrr...I'm confused!

Title
    Thanks
    Problem sorted. Had to shuffle a few things around within the bouquet.

It's all a bit confusing for a newbie!