Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How To Setup XBMC To Stream Live Tv And Recording From An Enigma2 Box...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Stationman

Can you check if its ok on other HD channels
    I think BBC1 HD was the best of them... THe rest were alot worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Stationman View Post
    @dfdream
    I have the Pi overclocked to FAST (940 MHz) option with no issues and yes the time taken
    to open channels is due to filling a buffer before play back starts, mine takes about 3 seconds
    for SD and 10-15 seconds for HD. I don't get any break up on say BBC ONE HD.
    The fastest option I have found for me is Raspbmc installed to a fast USB stick ( I am using a
    16 GB Transcend JetFlash 700 USB 3 one - works fine with pi usb 2 port)
    I use no pi hub just the usb stick and an Ultra Mini Keyboard with 2.4 GHz dongle plus a couple of
    500MHz / 1 gigabit port powerline adapters for the network connection via a 1 gigabit switch.
    A good Class 10 SD card also helps and I have been using 8GB Kingston class 10 cards.

@finbarr
    I often have this error when I request a single bouquet and then miss spell or put an invalid name
    in for the bouquet, my simple solution is to create a bouquet called xbmc and put only the channels
    I wish to have in it.
    Also I don't have any username or password set for the web interface on the solo2.
    Also as I have a motorised dish I select the zap option to ensure I can pick channels from any satellite
    and have the solo2 move the dish if required on channel change.

Hope that helps you out, I am not a real expert in this area but have tested/played with a lot of
    options including running Openelec backend on a small netbook with it's own usb tuner and the pi
    as a frontend to play from this.
    If you wish to ask any further questions please feel free and I will do my best to answer them.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I've just downloaded and installed xbmc and it works extremely well, I've now got a follow up question if I connect a separate usb hard drive to my duo2 box could I browse what's on the drive using the duo2 wireless connection?
    Tomos.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @dfdream. All HD channels streaming perfect for me to the Pi. All the movies and sports channels. I set it up originally on ethernet, but now it works for me , even over wifi which is very surprising to me!

Title
    Thanks
    I have no issues streaming any channels including HD ones.

I have today found an alpha release of the next Openelec for Pi with the latest xbmc 13 Gotham
    created by xbmc forum member MilhouseVH (big thanks to him for a fantastic build).
    Once I formatted an 8GB SD card and created the files on it I was amazed at just how fast it is.
    UI very responsive and channels open in 2-3 seconds .... even HD ones !
    I don't know the rules about posting links to other forums or download locations so I will refrain
    from doing so at this time, but if anyone wants any further details them PM me and I will respond
    with the details.
    For an alpha release it is more stable than most betas I have used, some plugins may not work I
    guess but the ones I use are fine, including the VU+ PVR client.

Title
    Thanks
    done this to my pc all i get is blip every 5 seconds connection lost how do i get back to the config page cheers

Title
    Thanks
    It should be at

System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> PVR Clients -> VU+ / Enigma2 Client -> Configure

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    done this to my pc all i get is blip every 5 seconds connection lost how do i get back to the config page cheers
    sorted... worked wen i turned pc off and on

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried 3D? I get the picture but it stays in side by side mode and doesn't give me a 3D option. When I run tvservice -s it gives me the same info as a non 3D channel, so I'm guessing the Vu Duo isn't 'passing through' the required 3D info to XBMC...

OpenELEC:~ # tvservice -s
    state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60Hz, progressive
    OpenELEC:~ #

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello

Hopefully, someone can advise on this.

vu+ pvr configured and works on laptop, except cannot switch or view channels.

Pretty basic requirement!

So, channels appear (with epg); recordings appear AND play; can record a channel and box switches to recording channel.

Strange?

TIA
    Last edited by EsSa55; 10-02-14 at 12:07. Reason: more info

Title
    Thanks
    What's the best wifi stick to use with the pi at the moment I am using some old d link home plugs but am getting break ups on hd channels.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What OS are you using on the PI.
    I had the same issues on RASPBMC (Frodo) on wired network so not sure if its bandwidth but currently using a Beta Version of Openelec (Gotham) and its 1000 times better on HD.
    Breakups are few and far between (Still only in beta though)

How is play back of hd recordings from your sat box on PI over wifi ???

Quote Originally Posted by uksparx View Post
    What's the best wifi stick to use with the pi at the moment I am using some old d link home plugs but am getting break ups on hd channels.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

uksparx (10-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I am using raspbmc on d link plugs.

I have not found a decent wi if stick yet to try as I have virgin media superhub which has a 5g wifi access point.

I'm going to try openelec have you got a link to the beta I had a quick search and found this.

OpenELEC-RPi.arm-3.2.4.img.zip

I take it this is not the beta?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks to STATIONMAN for these instructions... Worked First Time...

First prepare the SD card with any partion editor (I used Minitool
    partition wizard home edition which is free).

1) Create a primary FAT32 partition at least 128 MB in size (I used 256 MB).
    2) Create a second primary EXT4 partition for the remaining space on the SD card.

Then get the distro and put it on the SD card.

1) Download the latest Openelec MilhouseVH build image file from here
    http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/?dir=MilhouseVH/
    2) Extract the files from the downloaded tar file (I used z-Zip for this)
    3) Now some files need to be copied to the root of the SD card FAT32 partition as follows
    All the files in 3rdparty bootloader directory
    All the files in the target directory
    The licenses directory
    The remaining files from the top level of the build folder
    4) Now rename the sd card file KERNEL to KERNEL.img
    5) Creat a new file at root level of SD card named cmdline.txt and put
    the following line in it
    boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet
    6) Modify the config.txt file to include your MPG2 and VC1 decode license values,
    you can also apply some overclocking values at this time if you wish.

Now put the SD card in the Raspberry Pi and start it up, if all is well Openelec
    should run.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dfdream For This Useful Post:

uksparx (11-02-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Has anyone managed to get this to work remotely?

I've got XBMC set up on my Galaxy S4 and it works perfectly on my LAN but when I try to stream remotely the working icon appears for about 2 seconds then disappears and nothing plays. I can connect to my Duo2 box and download bouquets, epg etc and even stream my movies but I can't get the tv channels to play.

I'm using ViX 3.0.808.

PS I've turned the Transcoding option off and Vu+ Player & Dreamdroid work fine. All other XBMC add ons stream OK too.

Title
    Thanks
    Got it sorted the idiot that I am!

I had the webinterface port as part of the IP address eg dyndns.com:8080 when it should've just been dyndns.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast