Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Motorised setup for second Quad

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu. The markings on the dish plate are not visible so I think I may have the plate on wrong. Having said that I am using an inclinometer on my phone and also an adjustable spirit level to check the angle the fish has at to the horizontal. However if the meanings on the plate were correct the angle you suggest may not be the angle from vertical if you see what I mean. Fun this motor setup isn't it!! :-)

yes I hope a clever installer can share their wisdom :-)

I'm still mystified why I get a good tone from the satfinder but no signal indication on the box. Although when I took 0.8w off usals it indicated on the box but you the lose the ability to change the satellite from the remote. Strange indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by madaboutlotus; 26-01-14 at 00:04.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's start again time, with the brackets taken off and put together correctly. I have worked out the inclination angle taking into account the dish offset which is 22°which gives me 7.5° for the dish. In the testing phase we connected my fixed dish 28.2 signal into the tuner, moved the dish to get the signal, but when I did a scan it only scanned about 12 stations? Must be something incorrect on the channel settings, but I'll figure that one out later. An update when I get it all back together.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On the motor controls, is the GO To 0 or GO To 'X' only functional in Diseqc 1.2 and not USALS as I tried to move my motor to 0 when my configuration is set to USALS and it would not move. It only moved when I selected a satellite from the list available.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Don't scan. Load a cahnenl list. Tell receiver to move dish to position in order to receive a channel. Tweak to improve signal/receive a picture by moving (Motor and dish) around pole on wall or move dish up/down.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, I have loaded catseyes channel listing for 75W-75E. But the question was just about moving the motor to 0 deg so I can set this as my base point. So taking your point I just select a channel from 0.8W and adjust from there.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry that should have been 45W

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Once your dish is aligned due south. Then select 0.8w channel from your channel list. Dont mess with go to 0. Once you have selected a channel from 0.8w and your dish moves to it. tweak your dish to maximize signal this will involve elevation etc of your dish to get it right. Once you tweaked it. Try a channel on 30w and then across to 42e. If both sats work its likely to be setup correctly and movr across the arc.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Make sure you also set tuner to usals beforr doing it
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Rossi, I will get there eventually, just takes time to get all the pieces together. Just for my knowledge, is the go to selection just for diseqc1.2 then?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlotus View Post
    Thanks Rossi, I will get there eventually, just takes time to get all the pieces together. Just for my knowledge, is the go to selection just for diseqc1.2 then?

Yes. that is correct.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

madaboutlotus (29-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys. Just a reminder, is setting up the ABM following this guide, or is there another more specific for ABM
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-set-up-guide

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    This is what I am sugeesting for you. As you can see, only 1 switch is required.
    how do you setup the tuners for this config. i've tried all sorts but can't get it to work the way i would like. say im recording a program on 28.2 (this would be done from the static dish) and i want to watch another channel on 28.2, my motorised dish moves. i want it to take the single through the switch from the static dish and leave my motor dish on 13e or 19e. i've tried to follow the guide but it doesn't work. confused when it comes to LNB, diseqc 1.0 1.1 or 1.2 and then diseqc commands AA AB etc. an ediots guide would help

Title
    Thanks
    @stuffyouguys
    Hope you followed this guide. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sh-to-one-coax It does work as that is teh setup I am using.

Post 7 has a picture of the tuner setup. Pay attention to the bits where the arrows are. Give it another go. If still no joy, post your settings file which is located in /etc/enigma2 If you have personal details edit them out.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    @stuffyouguys
    Hope you followed this guide. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sh-to-one-coax It does work as that is teh setup I am using.

Post 7 has a picture of the tuner setup. Pay attention to the bits where the arrows are. Give it another go. If still no joy, post your settings file which is located in /etc/enigma2 If you have personal details edit them out.
    i followed post 7 and i still cant get it to work. i have a diseqc switch for 2 inputs and not 4...does this make a difference. the settings file you refer to appears to be abit on the large side to post here + can't see what personal details i would need to edit. i have the static dish on tuner A, LNB 1(quad LNB) using diseqc command AA and the motorised dish on Tuner B LNB 2 (single LNB) using diseqc command AB. i want to watch and record from 28.2 on the static dish and leave the motor dish to use 13e, 19e etc. can a switch be faulty?

Title
    Thanks
    Assuming that there is a direct connection to tuner A, this should be set as simple single, 28.2.
    If you want to test the switch, park the motor on a satellite that is not the same as the fixed ones. Then set the tuners as diseqc a/b/c/d to correspond.
    If you setup email address on the log settings, that would show up. Zip the settings file upload and I'll have a look for you.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast