Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorised setup for second Quad

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There are two diseqc switches because three dishes/lnbs to the non motorised tuner are being combined.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But you do lose one of the outputs as this is fed to the motorised lnb, so I have ordered 2 switches. Many thanks for you patience and continuing help. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I hope the following diagram explains it better. This is a twin tuner receiver, simplest setup with no switch.

One tuner connected to the motorised dish. The other is connected to a fixed dish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    This is what I am sugeesting for you. As you can see, only 1 switch is required.

Title
    Thanks
    And if you have more receivers...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, that's pretty neat and a simple solution. Many thanks. That's the h/w sorted and when I get the box fired up I can focus on the system, satellite finding and sorting out how the epg will integrate from fixed to motor unless they will work seamlessly. Thanks again for your time.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    This is what I am sugeesting for you. As you can see, only 1 switch is required.
    Hi Abu. The Gigablue Quad and the Dark Motor can use Diseqc 1.3 (USALS) but do you have to stick with Diseqc 1.2 if I'm using the Diseqc switch? I did not know if the switch was passive or needed to be the same.
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I don't know the answer.

However, the settings as they on that thread will work. You still use USALS to move the dish. I use the same setup with a TM 2600 motor as well as Nikkai and Mondeal ones.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The motor angle is confusing in the manual and what is marked on the plate. In the manual, the plate marking says elevation, yet on the actual plate is says latitude. In the table in the back of the manual "elevation and declination angle table" the elevation is 38° from my latitude if 52°, so that is what I have set the angle plate on the motor.Then the dish angle bracket as 7.5° - 35° motor shaft offset. I have run out of light to try and tune the dish in, but if someone has setup a Alsat dark superior motor, it would be good to know I have the basic angles right.

Title
    Thanks
    Have a look at the motorised dish installation tutorials. Here is one
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...allation+guide

Solution to your query in above post is
    Set your latitude on the side of the motor and then bolt up tight.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu, it answers the question and then it does not if that makes sense. It states set you latitude on the side of the motor, but it also starts with a statement about using the conversion table in the manual. So my 52° lat would convert to 38° on the motor plate. I'll keep searching to find a definitive answer.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Motor LAT position

Hi

Attached is the position I beleive is 52 deg which I have taken as the raised casting on the motor against the scale. Can someone confirm this is correct.2014_-_2.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    You are currently installing your motorised dish. Make life simple for yourself, treat this aspect in isolation. We can improve your setup afterwards.

Disconnect the 28.2 feed from your receiver. Set the tuner with nothing connected as "not configured".

Only connect your motorised setup, and set your tuner for now as in attached picture. If you are using a meter, remove it from the setup before checking the channels on receiver.

Once we have the dish moving/tracking fine, post back.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Abu

Agreed back to basics and work from there. Will report back when I have completed some more testing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I have a new motor as the other Dark motor was duff and the installation continues. Just trying to work out the angles of motor and dish. I have set the motor to the LAT 52.5 (as near as I can) and adjusted the angle of the dish to about 7 deg from the vertical. I get a strong tone from a signal meter but no signal quality or strength on the receiver? I have taken off the signal meter and gone through the satellites stored on the Quad and I get a good signal on the receiver at only 10.0E but nothing else.

In the motor manual for LAT 52deg it gives an Elevation of 38deg Declination of 7.5Deg and Dish Bracket angle of 27.5deg. Are these angles relative to vertical? If I was to leave the motor on the 52LAT point and put the dish at 27Deg to the vertical the dish is practically hitting the top of the motor? Surely that can't be right.

Another question why do they put LAT and Elevation angles in the manual.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast